Refundme – How long would it normally take to obtain a refund?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• DerekVH
    Participant

I have submitted two EU261 claims via refundme for a BA flight on the 5th September, does anyone know how long it usually takes for these to be settled? The refundme site lists the claim as still with the airline? Thanks.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Mine took about 10 weeks to come through

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve heard from people who’ve successfully claimed it can take anywhere from a month to six months, especially where the airline looks to get out of paying,

In my case it took 3 months to get a “no” though I still think I have a claim even if no one else does!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Made 4 claims. On average the claim handlers I used took around 6 weeks to say ‘non’..

Are there any stats detailing claims v payouts?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

In my case Refund.me got LH and SAS to pay within 3 weeks.
    Monarch, however, is a different matter…despite written evidence from Monarch of a mechanical fault causing a 5.5 hour delay, Refund.me gave up trying after 3 years on their books….they told us that Monarch simply ignored them!
    I have since passed this particular incident onto Blue way who appear to be having very similar issues.

DerekVH
    Participant

Received refund after approx. 10 weeks, bit of a shock to discover refundme have deducted 45% in fees – I will think twice about using them again!

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Derek

Yeah they take 25% then add (German) VAT on top leaving about 2/3rds. So I’ve learned in future that first contact airline and push with them. If they still refuse then get these guys in. But only if direct avenues fail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls