Refund/Credit After Airline Restructure

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• RedBaron
    Participant

Forgive me if this is already addressed in another thread but I may not have used the best search terms.

I am sure I have been lucky compared to many other travelers over the last year as my only out of pocket is to have recently been informed by AirAsia X that they are being restructured and they have wiped everyone’s credits that they begged people to take rather than ask for a refund.

“Thank you for your patience as we continue to progress with the regulatory process to restructure our business affairs after submitting an application for a debt restructuring plan to the High Court of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We are pleased to formally inform you that the restructuring process is progressing as planned, and we are now inviting all scheme creditors, including passengers, to participate in the proof of debt (“POD”) exercise.

For the purpose of the POD, you are required to prove your debts. To facilitate this process, we are sharing with you a document that contains a letter and the POD form that explains the requirements of the POD exercise. Each passenger is also assigned a unique E-filing ID which will help us to organize the submissions.

Please complete the POD form and provide all supporting documents, and return the complete pack of documents via hard copy and email by 7 April. You may find more information and details of the POD here”

So conveniently they have wiped out everyone’s record of credit in their online accounts and are then asking for proof of this to be submitted in sworn documentations. Luckily I only had a few hundred pounds in credit – am I right in thinking that passenger credits will be at the very bottom of the creditor list and the best recourse is to see if credit card chargebacks will refund it?

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartinJ
    Participant

Personally, I don’t think I would bother playing along with Air Asia’s fishy practice. A chargeback (if and when feasible) would seem like an infinitely easier and faster option).

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls