Reduction in CX F capacity on LHR-HKG route?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Thrilled to hear it, Corporate-gal! Let’s hope you get to keep those refunded Avios 😉

Hope you have a wonderful flight, anniversary and Christmas!

Corporate-gal
    Participant

Actually they did catch up with me but I managed to keep about half of my refunded Avios – not bad after all. 🙂

IanFromHKG
    Participant

So you got CX F for less than 2/3 normal Avios? And the timing you wanted – sounds like a great result! 😉

Happy travelling, and have a wonderful anniversary…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Great result Corporate-gal. This and so many instances we read about just go to show that when justified, we should not take “NO” for an answer.

Have a great trip and anniversary and of course, congratulations.

HongKongLady
    Participant

A question Corporate-gal, was your booking done by telephone ? I have used Avios for a CX F flight and not had a problem, however I did the booking myself on the internet. Sometimes you are at the mercy of the booking clerks capability, which should be of a high standard but sometimes isn’t. When they have made a mistake they find it difficult to admit it and rectify the problem. Did you speak to a senior manager? Very bad customer service on the part of BA
    Glad to hear you had a great result, you will love you flight.

Corporate-gal
    Participant

Hi Ian_from_HKG – yep it was a great result and thanks for the congrats.

Hi HongKongLady – my original booking was all done online on the BA website. When the problem arose last weekend I actually communicated with BA via their Twitter feed which was much better that waiting over an hour every time on their telephone line! To be honest, BA were very good once I quoted EU261 at them, and once CX moved us onto the earlier flight – everything was undertaken without any quibble. I have to say that is was CX who were the saviours here.

Origin17
    Participant

I have a similar experience / possible problem. I booked using Qantas FFP on CX 257 from HKG to LHR for early May 2015 returning on CX238 later in May 2015. Both my bookings are in F cabin.

Contrary to what is said above about CX238 NEVER having a F cabin , you still can buy F tickets for that time (May 2015) on those flights using the CX internet booking page.

Is it something to do with Winter v Summer bookings? because while F is Not available on CX 257 or CX 238 in March 2015 it definitely still is available for May and June 2015.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It must be noted that May 2015 is two timetable changes away so there could well be changes announced in the early part of next year.i

Origin17
    Participant

Thanks. Understand May 2015 is a far way off but it is it general policy to allow bookings in all cabins now and just bump people later.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls