Reclaim VAT at Heathrow T3

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

I have a couple of Thai students staying with us who have just completed 6 months language courses at the University of the Arts and who will be heading home soon and have asked me about reclaiming VAT on their spending since Christmas but its seems “difficult” Must say I have never had the need to even bother with the “excise” boys since my luggage only ever consists of a passport CC,Drivng L and maybe a Tesco bag but our Thai femail students are taking most of Oxford/Bond St back with them…Help.
    They appear to have all the bits of paperwork and I have already visited an outfit ie exchange place near Ox Circus which deals with said VAT returns but what a carry on…??..So… question us..can they simply turn up at T3 on departure day with the bits and pieces and get the 20 % back..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Basically yes. They’ll need to show the items to HMRC, as well as return ticket, and the items should be new, that is not worn or used. I’m not sure of the process from presenting the items to checking them in, but I’m sure that will be explained by the Revenue men.

I had in the back of my mind a 3 month limit, but I could be wrong on that one.

With everything stamped. there is a desk after security where the refund will be made. If it’s a stores own scheme then the papers will have to be sent back to them for the refund.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls