reCaptcha on Forum

Back to Forum

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 54 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  nevereconomy 27 Sep 2018
at 20:17

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

• Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Hi SimonS1 – we’ve made a change this morning so you should see the “blue thing” now doesn’t appear until the bottom of the webpage (rather than at the bottom of your screen)?

1 user thanked author for this post.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

A regrettable but, in the scheme of things, minor inconvenience rather than having to wade through pages of spam postings. I’ll live with it.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It caught an awful lot overnight and not much got through – well, nothing actually.

It also caught a few of the regular postings, but mostly if there were links in the forum posts or attachments, so we’ll see what we can do about it.

And I’ll be watching it closely to release anything that gets caught – bit slow today because I just got off a delayed CX flight into LGW but sorting things out now.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed Mark. Much better.

I thought BT had been hacked yesterday. Couldn’t log in. Warning messages galore as attached.

Attachments:

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you.

I get that sometimes when my laptop or device has been asleep, and then I open it up in a new wifi hotspot. I then see error messages like that, but once I connect properly to the hotspot, they go away.

I’m sure someone who understand these things can explain why it happens.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Good. I am sick of seeing adverts for fake passports, fake tits, fake money, etc.

Thank you.

Oh, I’m not so sure Capetonian, always fancied a fake pair! Would certainly raise a few eyebrows 😉 😉 😉

SimonS1
    Participant

Posted again just now Tom.

Once again “awaiting moderation” as per screen shot.

Don’t you think this is getting a bit silly now?

Attachments:

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Famous last words, I just got the awaiting moderation message for my last post!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

PS. thanks Tom, Mark. Keep up the good work. Touch wood, apart from the captcha thing (which seems to be getting better) I’ve happily had no problems, and apart from the fake t.ts ones 😉 I’m delighted this spam no longer occurs.

As a small hint, when asked to click traffic lights for example, I used to click not only the lights but the poles as well, I think this is why I kept getting directed to multiple screens. Now I don’t, I’m not.

1 user thanked author for this post.

nevereconomy
    Participant

I love Captcha – a tiny mindless brain teaser every time I post…aaaah the simple things in life!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls