Re-purposing airline amenity kit sleep masks as face masks

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• BugAdvisor
    Participant

The shortage of face masks is an issue. And although many face masks still allow the ingress of corona virus particles, any mask is better than none.

In the Czech Republic, it is already law to wear a face mask, of any type, while on public transport or in a shop. From tomorrow, the law says that face masks must be worn whenever you leave home.

People are using scarves, cravats and old Halloween costumes. A small cottage industry has evolved, with people sewing masks cut from old t-shirts. In Czech prisons, the prisoners are required to make masks.

I checked an old BA Club amenity kit and voila there was a sleep mask! My first attempt at re-purposing failed, as I began bumping in to things! After that, I found it worked as an effective nose/mouth mask.

I also found a mask from Premium Economy – this was narrower and less suitable for the current crisis.

2 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

“………………. any mask is better than none”.

Not true. Most of the masks I see around me are actually more likely to be dangerous than no masks. Cheaper masks, which are being used by most of those wearing them, are only designed to be worn for short periods (5 minutes or so) before they become useless, trapping the virus against the mouth.

OneA
    Participant

Masks – unless the medical usage ones (which need to be fit tested to individuals with a special gas leakage machine) – are only effective to keep the wearers bugs to themselves. They give no protection whatsoever against 3rd party coughs and sneezes!!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Our eldest sent me this and asked if we would like a couple. We ordered 1 white & 1 red

Mask

1 user thanked author for this post.

BPP
    Participant

Hi Faroflyer,
    I like it. Just make sure it is at leat 60% alcohol.
    BPP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls