RAK (Marrakech) airport transfer

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

Hi all,

I will go for a long weekend to Marrakech next month, i was wondering if someone is aware of any airport transfers from/to airport-hotel, i sent an email to the hotel that i have my booking but after one week i got no response.

I found some vouchers from expedia but i would prefer to book directly from the company that provides the service, i tried to contact directly the company that expedia is providing for this service but again i got nothing, any suggestion?

Ragards

Potakas

alexlondon
    Participant

Really no need to pre book a transfer. Taxis are available outside the baggage hall. Rates are fixed at 50 DHS (£3.80) or 100 DHS (£7.69) to Hotels in the Palmerie. Getting these rates will certainly require much haggling, but there is a clear sign by the rank showing these prices. You will be asked for double (still much cheaper than transfer, I imagine) but will be offered a large Mercedes (Grand Taxi) – although it will be battered! If you haggle, you will be given a petit-taxi instead. Enjoy your trip.

continentalclub
    Participant

Although undoubtedly more expensive than the haggled rates mentioned above, I have reliably used Resorthoppa in more than a few locations:

http://bit.ly/hIupHW

It looks as though a return pre-booked private car service will come in at about £23 each way if using the current HOPPA11 discount code.

Potakas
    Participant

I think that i will book just one way from airport to hotel so not to wait long queues for the taxi and for the return i will ask for the hotel.

Thanks

VintageKrug
    Participant

I visited Marrakech two years ago; there was absolutely no wait for a cab, and as long as you educate yourself about what an appropriate taxi fare is to your hotel, I would strongly recommend doing it that way.

Potakas
    Participant

Thanks VK,

unfortunately the MO you suggested hasn’t open yet.

Regards

Cornerpost
    Participant

I travel to RAK twice a year. There will not be any queues to get a cab.

Potakas
    Participant

I just came back from RAK so i can give some info if anyone plans to go there for first time.

The prices are fixed as Alex said but there is no luck with that, the taxi drivers told me that those are past prices (There is a big board near the Taxi area with those prices) . They told me to ask the police and I’ve done this, but the police told me to negotiate with the drivers as the price is the one that i will get from the them.

So, I started from 380 dinars and i manage to get a grande taxi for 150 (shared with a Spanish lady), on the way back I asked the hotel, where they offered me a XJ Jaguar for 150 Dinars also. 😉

Regards

alexlondon
    Participant

I am surprised. I have a property in Marrakech and make the visit at least 3 times a year. Never had a problem, and initial prices are always 100 Dinars for Old Town/Medina or 200 Dinars for Palmarie – for which you get a Grand Taxi. If you can’t be bothered to haggle, that’s still more reasonable than any transfer I’m aware of. Or you can haggle. I’m back there in two weeks so will see if there has been a change. A Jaguar transfer for £12 sounds a great bargain!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls