Questions for Bmi (CEO Wolfgang Prock-Schauer)

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

Like Janrotterdam, I used BMI miles on Lufthansa and was pleasantly surprised with the ease of the transaction.

Have a good trip Tom, I look forward to reading about your meeting with Mr. Prock-Schauer. I think BMI is essentially a good airline and it wouldn’t take much to regain excellence.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you.

I’ll post the interview tomorrow, or later today.

I took a few photos on the flight of the refreshed business class
    They can be viewed here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/businesstraveller/sets/72157625310275579/

cityprofessional
    Participant

Hmmm…. Thanks for asking the questions, but I for one thought his responses were very poor indeed, particularly on the two specific points of short haul frequencies/routes and the transition of Diamond Club

He seems to have deluded himself into thinking his schedules are adequate (he seems to have difficulty counting and is imagining that he still flies 6 times daily at improved times, when actually it’s 4x a day in the case of DUB, or multiple flights within minutes of each other in order to “slot sit” in the case of MAN and GLA)

He also seems to think it is adequate to say that “we will give enough notice” – they gave 2 months notice in Netherlands; or that it’s ok to treat UK customers (who have an active choice of multiple aligned and non-aligned carriers) the same as Austrian ones

What a shambles…

PatJordan
    Participant

The pics of the new business class were very good, catering looks good too.

I was a little saddened to read confirmation that Diamond Club will become part of Miles and More. Surely there’s a case for allowing BMI some degree of independence? I would assume the BMI customer base is vastly different from that of Lufthansa.

Come on, Mr. Prock-Schauer, consolidation isn’t the answer to everything. Sir Philip Green owns a number of high street retail chains, each of which has its own customer base and identity. If it works for him, it should work for you, Mr. Prock-Schauer.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Well, I did not raise my expectations at all. The responses in the biggest part show that I was right not to do so.
    We will have to wait and see.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls