Question re flight BA0015 to Syd

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

• KeaneJohn
    Participant

I have to say I used the BA T3 lounge on Friday night between 5.30-6.30pm

It was very busy. The facilities in itself were OK, not a touch compared to T5 and I didn’t need a shower.

One of the things that made the lounge busy was the fact that often people travelling alone were selfishly taking up table space for 4 or more people.

I would begrudge paying £30 for the No1 Lounge when my CE ticket provided such a facility though I do notice that on MMB it does say access to the lounge is subject to capacity restrictions. Is this BA’s get out clause ?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Not surprised the lounge was busy on a fri night especially its the end of week and people who are working in London flying back home. All public buildings like bars, clubs, airport and hotels have a density restriction its all health and safety. KeaneJohn did you ask about how long the showers were out of action? xx

Bucksnet thanks for clearing up the confusion with the lease. Wouldnt be surprised if its due to the new T2 thats caused an issue with the water. Sadly merging other lounges in to one is easyier said than done. Wouldnt be surprised if thats why BA changed the rules for anytime acess for GC holders when not flying ba or ow. xx

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Is this BA’s get out clause ?”

Yes, but not just BA’s, most airlines have this rule.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

“Yes, but not just BA’s, most airlines have this rule.”

Not just airlines but any business classified as operating in a semi-public space such an airport. …lol 😉 xxxx

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Oh I appreciate it was a busy Friday night with several flights, some delayed, departing.

I didn’t ask about the showers as I didn’t need/want one .

If an airline used the our lounge is too busy to use Sir, that would be the last time I used the particular airline especially if on a Premium Ticket.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

KeaneJohn BA have to cover themselves for all eventuallities the chance of this happening is very low as they have flights leaving all day long. They or any airline will never turn you away you will just have to form a queue to get in – one out one in simples

BTW i read your reveiw of your last BA trip look forward to hearing your return trip xxx
    xxx

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls