QR baggage allowance – oneworld benefits

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tim
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m flying London to Sydney next week in business on QR (QR flight #s), and can’t get a clear answer from Qatar about what my checked baggage allowance is (I am BA silver / OW Sapphire). I’ve called them 4 separate times and been given conflicting answers each time!

The standard allowance is 40kg. Some Qatar agents have told me I get an additional 15kg being OW Sapphire (55kg total), the others have said no additional allowance (40kg total).

The OW website just says “ Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will, in most cases, receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.”, which is pretty vague. Ironically it also says you get 15kg above the economy allowance (so 30 + 15 = 45kgs).

Does anyone have experience in this situation?

Thanks all!

K1ngston
    Participant

In my experience Tim if you are flying J they will be lenient with you regardless of your status they need to preserve the relationships with Premium customers…. good luck and have a safe flight

Switzerlanding
    Participant

We had the same issue a few years back flying out of GVA in J. In the end I went to the airport and asked at the Qatar desk, they told me an extra bag at 32kg which was different to the advice on the phone. Anyway they honoured it.

Maybe give the departure airport office a call to clarify?

Swissdiver
    Participant

Switzerlanding is right. Give the departure airport’s handling agent a call as at the end of the day, they will be the ones making a decision.

My best guess though would be 40kg (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/baggage/allowance.html) plus 15kg (https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Privilege-Club/member_benefits.html).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls