QF lounge gate 15 HKG

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Does anyone have any views/experiences on the QF lounge in HKG? Was wondering whether this is possibly now a better option than the CX lounges, where in my humble opinion the level of service has deteriorated over the past year.

I read on the QF website the gate 15 lounge does offer a reduced service once the QF flights have left for the day (around 4pm) – just wondering if anyone has used that lounge over the CX lounges.

I know its not exactly a major issue, but if benefits are there, may as well use them 🙂

TominScotland
    Participant

Martyn, I have used the QF Lounge a few times as well as the Wing and the Pier. Notwithstanding your comments about the CX lounges, I still prefer them. I find the QF lounge is fine but can be noisy.

BTW, there are multiple Qantas flights in the evening – Sydney at 18.25 and 23.35; Melbourne at 19.00; and Brisbane at 19.05

frustratedflyer
    Participant

I would agree that the CX lounges are better – especially The Pier.

The Qantas lounge is good, serves some nice Australian wines.

If you are on the Qantas flights there are nice things such as the dim sum trolley, a la carte dining, roast pork etc, but these tend to stop before the BA flights fill the lounge!

stevescoots
    Participant

agree with your comments Martyn about the CX lounge standards slipping, however the F lounges are still better than the QF one which i have often found to be noisy. I last tried out QF about 2 months ago

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=913206] CX lounge standards slipping….[/quote]

I agree about CX lounge standards slipping in Hong Kong airport. I am often in and out of the Business lounges there. I went to The Wing and it was very crowded, with not even one seat empty at all: I had to wait for someone to leave. Similar story in The Bridge the other day – crowded. I prefer The Deck now for this reason.

I can’t speak for the QF lounge though, I haven’t been in it.

ScottWilson
    Participant

If you don’t have access to the Wing First lounge, I’d pick the QF lounge over the Wing Business Lounge, but I have not tried The Deck which is near the Qantas lounge.

drross
    Participant

The Pier is so much better than the QF offering

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Thank you for your first post, drross, and apologies for waiting for it to be approved.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I wouldn’t go for The Deck myself – partly because I get access to the F lounges but because on the one time I went there to try it out it was heaving – absolutely jam-packed.

The QF lounge is nice but as noted above the things that make it special (eg the Dim Sum trolleys) are aimed at QF pax and timed accordingly.

Unless you have lost your Gold status, Martyn, I would stick with the CX F lounges. Incidentally, I was at The Wing F last week and the food quality has jumped dramatically in the right direction, and service was better too.

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=914105]I wouldn’t go for The Deck myself – partly because I get access to the F lounges but because on the one time I went there to try it out it was heaving – absolutely jam-packed.

The QF lounge is nice but as noted above the things that make it special (eg the Dim Sum trolleys) are aimed at QF pax and timed accordingly.

Unless you have lost your Gold status, Martyn, I would stick with the CX F lounges. Incidentally, I was at The Wing F last week and the food quality has jumped dramatically in the right direction, and service was better too.[/quote]

agrred, i was in the wing on Saturday and noticed an improvement in the food

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I have just returned from a trip to SIN via HKG and used The Wing First Class in transit to SIN, arrived at Gate 1 from Madrid and left from Gate 4 and The Pier on the return arrived at gate 68 and departed for Madrid at Gate 50. Service and food excellent so I guess there is always going to be those days when someone has an off day

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls