QF – LHR to Perth

Back to Forum

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 33 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  AMcWhirter 18 May 2017
at 21:29

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

• Flightlevel
    Participant

The future of longhaul travel. The A380 can carry 400 premium economy seats on LD and 100 business seats economically and with the right level of service compete the way SWAL did 40 years ago! Nonstop on OZ-EU route too, even to LHR.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Many interesting comments.
    Alex, i lived and worked in Sydney for several years. As far as i remember an still to this day, If you toom one Airline from LHR-Oz cities, if you made the same trip in AU$ ex Australia cities (eg Sydney), you will pay twice the price for an economy ticket. Business is from AUD $8,000, even if you divided this to the Sterling rate to AU$, at 2.15 15 months ago, to the 1.6 now, this also does mane a difference.
    ASs does the value of the £ for everyday use, ad hotel and apartments for a month, used to be at a good regular client discount about £110 a night. They now exceed £300 per night.

So the Australians have always paid twice the amount for Y cabins on the same airline 3-4 times than do, just commencing in Oz.

I have advised friends to book a 1 way ex Oz – UK, then purchase returns ex UK in Business so they purchase From the EU saving huge amounts for all travelers.

Yes, you can get a return in Business on Vietnam Airlines on their Dreamliner’s from £1,300 ex UK.
    Perth was fare cheaper, and the least distance.
    I spoke to some Australian travelers on my Garuda flight was week, and they would use the new Qantas service, but only in a Business seat. 18 hours is very cramped on a 787, and no where to go just sit there, and the impact on the body will be fundamentally stronger. there remains the problem of Port of entry being Perth, clearing customs and immigration, and technically taking a domestic route for the other cites. It is highly likely, more medical incidents will occur on this flight.

I think The Dreamliner is fantastic an aircraft, but too small for an 18 hour flight.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Marcus – Back in the IATA fare-setting days all member airlines were obliged to raise or lower their fares in response to currency fluctuations. Nowadays fares reflect market conditions.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

What I was trying to say is that currency values mean that travellers in some countries will now pay more than those in others.

Back in the 1980s when the A$ was weak and where airlines tended to discount there were bargains to be had DownUnder.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription

To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below

Polls