Qatar leasing A320 to BA to cover disruption

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

• openfly
    Participant

….strike extended till the end of July?

openfly
    Participant

Strike extended till the end of July, apparently.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

FDOS #815422

I’ve variously been pre-occupied for the past few months courtesy of the Maybot or away (and desperately trying not to think about the Maybot and her bad dose of Stockholm Syndrome) but there is one constant: BA/IAG management’s seeming determination not to budge one millimetre from their “let’s screw the workers…” mindset.

Neither of my and Senior Management’s recent BA forays to MAA and FCO have been impacted by the Mixed Fleet stoppages or IT meltdowns so I guess we’ve been lucky. But they served to remind (a) just how far behind BA’s hard CW product now is and (b) on a positive note, that the investment into onboard CE/CW catering represents a very welcome improvement/reversion to how things always should have been.

The other common factor is that whether it’s ground staff, cabin crew or flight-deck, none of them has anything positive to say about their leadership. The uniform response is either a grimace or a wince. From sundry conversations, Walsh and Cruz are despised from one end of the company to the other.

One other point, your grasp of EU rules and regs pertaining to the Single Aviation Market continues to impress me.

What’s your take (probably on another thread) on O’Blarney’s recent warnings about the risk of serious travel disruption and the curtailment of services if things proceed as they are with the UKIPTory Brextremists continuing to assert a Panglossian “everything will be for the best in the best of all possible worlds…” and every possibility of a train, plane and automobile crash with no deal in place at the end of March 2019.

SandorRacz
    Participant

Hi!
    How can I check if a QR bird is operated instead of the BA during the strike on my upcoming flight?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello,

I believe if you are on a flight that is affected and being operated as QR then you will be informed.

However if you mean “How can I book a flight to experience the QR service?”, this thread on Flyertalk has lots of information.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1850902-qatar-operated-ba-flight-information-during-mf-strike.html

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=819758]Hi!
    How can I check if a QR bird is operated instead of the BA during the strike on my upcoming flight?

[/quote]

-Look in Manage My Booking.
    -Click on the flight number to expand the details
    -The flight operator wil be shown under the Depart/Arrive/Stops/Duration info, e.g. “This flight is operated by British Airways”

esselle
    Participant

I’ve just done a 24 hour round trip to DOH.

On the outbound, there were a number of QR captains flying back to DOH as passengers, and I got chatting to a couple of them in the bar area. They had been part of a contingent flying to fill in for BA shorthaul on QR airbus, and were astonished by the response they got from pax.

In a nutshell, how can you be so good and BA so poor by comparison?
    Hey Ho!

SandorRacz
    Participant

Thanks Tom for your help! I have few upcoming flights to London and yes i thouth I would try to book them on the flights if possible operated by QR. Even if it’s a short hop in Europe it’s nice to have a flatbed.

andrew.gill
    Participant

hi @sandorracz

I’ve flown on two A320s now and neither had flat beds

andrew

esselle
    Participant

andrew.gill

QR’s 320 family have differing configurations on their regional business class; some flat, some armchair style, some no different from Y other than centre seat. Luck of the draw.

mickyboy
    Participant

Just flown KRK to LHR tonight on Qatar A320 great business cabin, 2×2 seats excellent service. The extra leg room, I am over 6 foot, makes huge difference to my well being, not tired or discomforted as I usually am after BA. But not happy being strike breaker!

goalie11
    Participant

Good article in today’s Sunday Times magazine on Broken Airways (BA)

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls