Qatar Axes Seychelles Flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Afternoon

More of a holiday route but if anyone had been thinking of using Qatar Airways to get to the Seychelles – the Doha – Seychelles flights are being suspended from 1st September.

Don’t know the reasons why.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Edited to Add

However they are launching flights to Clarke International in the Philippines on Oct 28th (Emirates also announced this route recently) along with Addis Ababa (Sep 18) and then Philadelphia from Mar 14. Also increasing capacity to Pakistan by 60% from 17 to 28 flights per week from this month

HongKongLady
    Participant

Thanks Tim, I was thinking of using them as I haven’t been there since the late 80s. Then I was on Air Seychelles via pretty much everywhere 🙂
    I have however been advised it is not as idyllic as it once was.

HarryMonk
    Participant

Tim

The Qatar flights to Clarke are not on Qatar aircraft, I believe a flight change is required in HKG on to Dragonair for the HKG- Clark leg

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi Harry

This is the Qatar release

“Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Qatar Airways today announced route expansion on three continents
    together with a huge increase in capacity in Pakistan as part of the Doha-based carrier’s continued aggressive growth strategy.

The Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa will become the carrier’s 20th destination on the African continent, launching on September 18, followed a month later by Clark International Airport in the Philippines from October 28.

Effective March 1 next year, Philadelphia will become the airline’s fifth US gateway. In addition, Qatar Airways is significantly increasing capacity to Pakistan where it currently operates 17 flights each week across four cities of Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawar.”

They aren’t on the GDS yet which is possibly why you can’t see them?

HarryMonk
    Participant

The flights to Clark were announced a few weeks ago which was when I checked. It seems strange they are taking so long to get loaded into the GDS

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Emirates have theres loaded. Perhaps for Qatar it will be a 787 route and they are waiting final confirmation of delivery?? Otherwise I guess it’ll happen soonish as Oct 28th isn’t that far off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls