Qatar – All Business ClassCreate Topic

Home Forums Airlines Qatar Airways Qatar – All Business Class

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SergeantMajor 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

A319 – Launches 15th May from LHR

Qatar is the first airline to offer an All Business Service from Heathrow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/travel/25028/qatar-airways-launches-the-first-all-business-class-flights-from-heathrow.html

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello BigDog

We were one of the first to cover the Qatar Airways story this morning.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100252/qatar-to-operate-all-business-class-doha-london

andystock
    Participant

Would LCY not be a better airport for these flights for the city and docklands?

BigDog.
    Participant

Sorry I wasn’t aware – please delete thread.

Tallinnman
    Participant

It could well be Andy but the runway length is too short for the A319-LR.

andystock
    Participant

What do BA use to JFK, I know they stop in Shannon to refuel?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

andystock – BA uses A318s for LCY-SHN-JFK and JFK-LCY.

Tallinnman
    Participant

There has been talk that the new CS series from Bombardier could see Middle East flights from London City. Guess we’ll have to wait a bit to see what the range equates to out of LCY’s circa 42000 ft runway.

Hermes1964
    Participant

Tallinnman
    One too many “0”s me thinks, otherwise they could pop their new A380 in there!

Tallinnman
    Participant

Hermes – my mistake, meant inches 🙂

Runway is 1320m or just over 4300 feet in old money.

superchris
    Participant

I recall that MAXjet had mooted flying their all business class 767’s to Dubai just before they went bump a number of years back.

Rather surprisingly (IMO), Doha is further from London City than NYC so if BA’s A318 needs a Shannon stop, even if QR got hold of a few, non stop, on the eastbound at least would not be possible without a stop.

I believe the new Bombardier is a game changer in this regard and hopefully could see LCY having a few mid to long haul routes launched, Moscow would be the obvious one.

Back to this story though, am I the only one to think this is quite an odd and uncomfortable looking business class seat?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

superchris – Not sure about Maxjet. But Eos was planning to serve Dubai (I don’t think the flights ever started) and Silverjet did actually fly Luton-Dubai for a limited period.

Note that it’s not only the runway length at LCY which limits flight operations.

LCY also has noise limits on take-off. Even if the Bombardier were able to fly LCY-Doha non-stop would it meet the noise restrictions when fully laden ?

Tallinnman
    Participant

On the All Business Class service front from LHR, Qatar is a very Economy Class biased airline. particularly on the 787. Seems an expensive use of a valuable LHR slot.

superchris
    Participant

AMcWhirter, yes EOS, sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.