Qatar Airways to restart LGW to DOH services in May 2015 with 787

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Tim. I’m sure EK will have little trouble filling two daily A380s ex-MAN if the new schedule proceeds as planned.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Emirates 3rd daily flight to BHX officially announced from 1st August 2015 with night flight to BHX and early return.

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/about/news/news_detail.aspx?article=2065347&offset=0

Rashmanj
    Participant

Any news on the Qatar airways BHX to Doha now that emirates has announced a 3rd daily flight to BHX? Also is there a reason that BHX is not deploying a a380 instead of another 777?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Rashmanj – No news re QR’s plans for BHX. The latter cannot yet accommodate an A380 on a full-time basis.

BarbicanLondon
    Participant

One of the reason’s I would fly QR from LHR is their lounge as I think it is one of the best around! Wonder what lounge QR will use at LGW?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Not sure if the QR LGW service is going to start – but Emirates EK15/16 are A380 from 1st June and now showing for sale on GDS / website. Will mean 2 of the 3 flights are a day from Gatwick are now A380 to Dubai

cksk333
    Participant

Just flew in the BHX-DXB-BHX in Emirates. They used A6-EBD and A6-EBH which are really outdated and old planes. ICE was not working properly in a number of seats. Is Qatar planning a B787 or A350 for this route this year. I am really bored of EK whose service quality is going down day by day. I need an alternative in the BHX to SIN routes. Qatar recently launched a third daily effective from May 2015 to SIN from Doha. It will help if they launch BHX-DOH and it will be an efficient competitor to EK.

SimonS1
    Participant

@TimFitgerald – any more news on the wires about QR and Gatwick?

Even with the second A380 the Emirates flights are getting full again. I did ask someone at LGW whether the third daily was also going A380 and whilst they have done it occasionally as one offs apparently there is an issue with the length of stopover at LGW – the A380 gate apparently blocks some other gates that are used in that time.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Hi SimonS1

Yes I’ve wizzed past LGW on the train and noticed the A380 on the AM departure, but will be used I think as and when loads require and plane is available.

For QR apparently they had all the slots, handling agents and flight numbers sorted but then decided to focus on the A380 introduction to LHR. Apparently still on agenda for 2016 but will have to wait and see.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls