Qatar Airways Schedule Changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Just flown EDI-DOH on my quietest flight ever on that route. Interesting in other ways too. Service was disinterested to put it kindly. I was in Economy – fine. This was the first time that I have not been recognised by the CSD with a welcome – not that it matters one jot to me but was indicative of the rest of the flight, I think. I was given priority choice from the menu but, seeing that I was in the front row, this was not a huge benefit. When service did arrive, I was given the wrong choice and, when I pointed this out, the young lady started to argue with me – yes you did, no I didn’t stuff. Managed to get what I wanted but she was reluctant!! Qatar offer 15 minutes complementary wifi and, given that we took off at half-time on Saturday, I thought I would get the bad news. Tried to login via 2 devices, supposedly was online but pages just would not load. Eventually I was notified that I was out of time. Pointed this out to Cabin Crew and the CSD eventually came to my seat. Clearly she did not believe me but offered to tell the engineers when we got to Doha. I asked if there was anything she could do for me there and then – no we are not allowed to do anything about wifi problems but you could buy more time. And if that does not work – I will tell the engineers in Doha….

Nothing cataclysmic about my experience but certainly not the 5* airline they claim to be….

openfly
    Participant

Tom….I reckon QR stopped being 5 star the day they bought into BA! Rotten apples and all that….

TominScotland
    Participant

Second leg of my QR journey to JNB. 10 across 777 which is, frankly, unpleasant so watch out bucket and spaders, flying with BA from LGW! No visit from CSD – must be the new (downgraded) brand standard. Overall, cabin crew were indifferent to their passengers again…

Routing reflected the current political standoff. Started off north from Doha, then east over Iran before turning south over Oman after about 40 minutes.

Only real concern was on landing in JNB. Cabin crew priority after landing is to ensure that the curtain is drawn between Business and Economy and doing this appears to trump safety considerations because a large number of passengers were up and mobile while we were taxi-ing to the gate. no word of reprimand or concern for safety – but the curtains were closed!!

Will look forward to my return legs on Saturday with interest….

SimaHir
    Participant

Just discovered my Qatar flight from Pisa is now 20 minutes earlier than when booked. Just wondering if anyone has had experience transiting from BA to Qatar at Pisa and how long it might take? Am now down to 50 minutes between flights though hand luggage and in business class. Advice much appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls