Qatar Airways Q Suite

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

• IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

I actually really like the fact that there are no overhead bins in the centre aisles.

BPP
    Participant

I seem to be at odds with the general feeling on this one!

Just travelled on a new A350-1000 with the new Q-suite DOH-LHR – don’t care for it.

OK the privacy is great but very claustrophobic as a Centre pair. TV screen is too big and dominating. The seat section lengths are wrong for a small frame and no calf support on the seat. Staff spent ages in the cabin trying to get the doors to close on several seats – took three of them to lower the centre divider on ours (with much brute force!)

May be OK as a window single or a ‘Club 4’.

BPP

David
    Participant

I’ve seen a few conflicting reports about how many A350-9s have the Q-suites and what the programme for refitting the 777-300ERs is. Anyone have any updated info? I’m flying the A350-9 from DOH-HND in September and the 777-300ER from TXL-DOH-CPT in December/January. What are the chances I’ll get a Q Suite on one of these?

rodders
    Participant

David
    I believe they have 2/3 of the 350-9’s and one 350-10 with the QSuite and some 8/9 on the 777 fleet, you can tell from the seat plan if its the QSuite configuration. I believe they are swapping the aircraft around on key routes until they have either enough refurbed aircraft or new deliveries.

SenatorGold
    Participant

I’m flying with Qatar in their Qsuites on both the B777-300ER and the A350-1000.

Does anyone know which of the window seats are further from the aisle and closer to the window: forward facing or rearward facing?

Many thanks.

rodders
    Participant

hi, its the rearward facing seats, enjoy, I think they are excellent.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Thanks, much appreciated!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

If you can bear 20 minutes on the subject (amongst others)….

SenatorGold
    Participant

It’s a great review Tom which I much enjoyed.

1 user thanked author for this post.

OneA
    Participant

Yes the backwards flying seats are the window seats certainly on the A350 1000. I see no reason for it to be different on the 300ER.
    I found them a little claustrophobic albeit well laid out.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

I had the pleasure of experiencing the QSuites for the first time last night on doha – Bangalore. It was… Incredible, to say the least. With regards to the seat, I will agree that the rear facing seat (right next to the window) is better than the seats facing forward, but to be honest all of them are very very good. I do agree with the earlier comment about it being a bit Claustrophobic, for which I had the privacy door only three fourths open. Overall Incredible!

MarkivJ
    Participant

If I had only one area to nitpick, I will say after having extensively changed both the hard and soft product, I was a bit disappointed with the pillow. It felt more like one of those decorative pillows that you see in living rooms. Not very utilitarian!

Swissdiver
    Participant

How on earth could Qatar Airways make such a mad move? Why changing what is one of the best business class seats in the air (the one on many B787, A350 and A380) to that crap called Q-Suite? OK, it offers privacy. But at what cost? The seat is cramped. Legroom is restricted. No more drawer for your personal belongings. And not enough overhead compartments for all passengers! No more bar (on B787s and A350s, there is an unattended one in the middle of the cabin where you can stretch your legs). And only three bathrooms (at least in the A350 I flew in this night).

Oh, and the fact a couple can share a space (which was the case for me) is a false good idea! Night flights often mean we have disconnected lives (one can sleep when the other one what a movie or eat): Impossible in a Q-Suite as the TV will wake the other one up. And I had to move to an empty seat to eat my breakfast as my wife was sleeping.
    As far as I am concerned, this new seat is a no-go, no matter how good is the service.
    What have you done, QR?

TominScotland
    Participant

Swissdiver, I guess it is all down to personal preference. I travelled solo in one of the window Q-Suites on the 17 hour run from Auckland to Doha and loved it – the privacy and space were fantastic after the 2-2-2 seating on the way out.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=917583]Swissdiver, I guess it is all down to personal preference. I travelled solo in one of the window Q-Suites on the 17 hour run from Auckland to Doha and loved it – the privacy and space were fantastic after the 2-2-2 seating on the way out.[/quote]

2-2-2 seating is the old product, often present on B777. I would tend to agree with you, when comparing these two. But in between, there is a fantastic hard product (1-2-1) that Tom describes well there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls