Qatar Airways q-Miles – new system.

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• BPP
    Participant

An e-mail from Qatar Airways informs me that all claims for award seats must be made on line from 11 March.
    This sounds OK for single seats but how does one get 2 seats on the same aircraft using 2 different accounts? This is particularly critical asking for seats in ‘J’ as we do.
    In the past I have simply either e-mailed or telephoned them (on behalf of both of us) and they have done the rest. Being flexible with dates and times has usually got us away! They would even issue the tickets.
    All q-Miles can offer as of today is to ‘maybe’ ring them, ask what is available and then attempt to book on line, one after the other.
    If 1 seat is booked and then a second suddenly not available then what? Even q-miles admit that even they are unsure how it will work.
    This is surely tying to fix something that is not broken. We have travelled exclusively with Qatar in ‘J’ for many years in order to accrue and use the miles – maybe this is the end of a long relationship.

BPP

CS KOK
    Participant

What I have done on another airline’s system is to put in a request for 2 seats, if available change to 1 seat and book. Then quickly log in using the other account and book the other seat. Of course there is still a chance that somebody else would have taken the other seat during that interval.

Polly
    Participant

Agree, why fix something that is not broken. They want you to pay to transfer miles over to the one account. It’s an income generator policy l think. Then you make the online booking from one cccoumt. They need less call centre staff then on their Privilegee line.

BPP
    Participant

Hi Polly
    That thought had occured to me! It’s quite expensive to do that. I did wonder later if it would be possible to use two laptops simultaneously to achieve the same thing at no cost. When I get back from BKK (flying out Monday 5th) I may give this a try. Just might crash the whole system!!
    BPP

Polly
    Participant

Hi BPP
    Wish you look with that plan. The most we ever got available was one I seat as they call them in biz. Quite often my OH and l would each be in J on one leg for 4 sectors. Ie. One of us in J, the other in Y. Not good. So we ended up doing just what l mentioned, so we could at least try to get sitting together for a couple of sectors. Once QR joined OW, we jumped ship immediately and credited all our miles and TPs to our BAEC. The family account does works with BAEC. It really is the best one out there.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I did the same. From BAEC, it is quite easy to book QR reward flights. As for your current situation, BPP, you don’t event need two laptops: two different browsers would do the same. Now there is always a risk to see only one going through, in which case you would depend on QR goodwill to accept you made a mistake…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls