Qatar Airways Premier Lounges

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• JollyFlyer
    Participant

I’ve just travelled from BKK to DOH in business class on Qatar Airways. I had done my research beforehand using the Oneworld website and Qatar Airway’s own app on the lounges available to a Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold) member. I thought I was going to be using the Miracle Lounge a Third Party Lounge that most Oneworld airlines use.
    I was therefore surprised to be told Qatar Airways has it’s only Premier Lounge in BKK airport for customers flying in business class. Neither their App or the Oneworld website makes mention of this. The lounge is like the Qatar lounges in LHR, CDG and DOH and are only available to those flying in the “Premium Cabins” with Qatar Airways and not those with Oneworld status who would be directed to the Miracle lounge if flying economy.
    Apart from the airports already mentioned does anyone know if their are any other airports with the Qatar Airways Premier Lounges?
    I was really pleased to be able to use the lounge, the shower was lovely after a hot sticky day in Bangkok. The staff were excellent and really helpful. I would recommend if people get the chance to check out this lounge.

1 user thanked author for this post.

rferguson
    Participant

Pretty sure that outside Doha it’s just LHR, CDG and BEY that have QR’s own branded lounges. I didn’t know BKK had one actually. They are indeed very good. I may be in the minority that does not get the WOW thing about the DOH Al Mourjan lounge. Admittedly, the first time I accessed it I was blown away by the sheer size. But on recurring visits I find the lounge too crowded, there aren’t enough bathrooms and the food is very ‘meh’.

Last time I flew ex BKK (about five years ago) on QR they were using the TG Royal Silk lounge (which was pretty bare bones) but their T4 Premium lounge in LHR is excellent and F&B is far better than DOH. I guess maybe because it is for both F and J class customers whereas in DOH there are separate lounges for J and F.

Slightly OT but I did visit the Oman Air lounge in BKK. This is their only lounge outside Muscat. And it was indeed excellent!

Swissdiver
    Participant

BKK Qatar lounge is top notch. I was there in February this year, and thought I would give it a try before going to CX’s. But I stayed there instead. It is small but didn’t feel it crowded, with a seating area on one side and the food on the other (with dining tables and a bar). Lots of staff are here to help. The food is good, and I enjoyed the white wine. Now I was travelling business class. So I don’t know about access for gold members travelling in eco.

Ah-Mahdi
    Participant

I think it was just opened this year or last year cause 2 years ago QR directed me to the THAI lounge which was ok, but this May i used their premium lounge for the first time, it was excellent, very comfortable and amazing selection of food and drinks

rhillson1
    Participant

Qatar Airways also has a premium lounge at DXB located upstairs in Concourse D, but it has been closed for the past two years due to the ongoing political disputes between the GCC countries, so no idea if and when it will ever reopen.

BPP
    Participant

I too used the Qatar lounge back in March – it’s almost a smaller copy of LHR-T4 and just as good. It was a relief to get away from the manic Thai lounge.
    Get to use it again in early December.
    BPP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls