Qatar Airways open ticket

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• faredeal
    Participant

I had abusiness class flight booked in june 2020 with Qatar Airways to fly from the Uk to Bangkok in january 2021 which they cancelled and offered me various options. I chose “Hold on to your ticket : Keep your ticket open and use it when you are ready with our extended 2 years ticket validity, this applies for fully unutilized tickets”

Qatar Airway customer care are tryiing to downgrade my ticket not allowing me access to the lounges or choose my seat.

I believe with a open ticket there should be extra no charge for the same flight.

I bought the ticket at a good price plus Q mile which will now have expired so in a refund they say i would only get the cash back.

I,ve had a phone call and sent 2 emails to them with them just giving me a poor excuse in reply.

Am i in the right or should i except the refund?

SimonS1
    Participant

Depends on the fare class/rules applicable to the original ticket.

Robbiejk
    Participant

I had a ticket with Qatar airways from Istanbul to Melbourne Australia which I purchased 2 months ago. They emailed me and canceled the flight saying Australian capped numbers of passengers and tickets are only for vulnerable and special condition passengers.
    I contacted department of home affairs Australia and they said they have this issue ongoing and that Qatar airline oversell the tickets and closer to departure date they cancel the cheaper price tickets for a better income. they then blame the Australian government for capped numbers in each flights.
    I had to get a refund from them after 45 minutes conversation over the phone.
    please be aware that they would do that to lots of people trying to get back home.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls