Qatar Airways move to T4

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• MorleyJS
    Participant

I am not talking about T%, as that is not an option for Qatar Airways. I am referring to the lounge move that Qatar premium customers will now have.

Currently premium customers get to use the Virgin lounge in T3 which is much better than the lounge options in T4.

I agree with you that T5 has excellent lounges with BA.

Swissdiver
    Participant

DisgustedofSwieqi,

Right, my sample is a bit limited. Only about 100 airports over the past 10 years… Still T5 is among the top 5.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Correction, MorleyJS

*SOME* QR passengers get to use the Virgin lounge. IIRC, it is only First Class pax or Gold card holders on selected flights. Otherwise you have to make do with the Servisair lounge, which is pretty cruddy

In many ways QR is as market leading as the other Gulf mega-carriers, but in terms of ground services, the lack of a limo and decent lounge facilities outside of its hub airport puts it well behind Emirates and Etihad

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Right, my sample is a bit limited. Only about 100 airports over the past 10 years… Still T5 is among the top 5.”

Well I’m not going to get into willy waving about how many more I have used over the past years, I’ll stick with my opinion and leave you to yours.

Swissdiver
    Participant

DisgustedofSwieqi,

Hehehe…

On a related topic, http://www.flightmemory.com/ is fun and allows to grade each airport, airline, airliner, …

Potakas
    Participant

Back on topic, here is a link with future terminal moves.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Heathrow%5EGeneral%5EFlight+information%5EAirline+moves/336f89c6f65b4210VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

Air Mauritius 24 November 2010 from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4

Qatar Airways 8 December 2010 Terminal 3 to Terminal 4

Saudi Arabian Airlines TBC Terminal 3 to Terminal 4

Although United Airlines and Continental Airlines are merging, this doesn’t affect the terminals they use at Heathrow. United flights still go to Terminal 1, and Continental to Terminal 4.

Alasdair
    Participant

Anyone here know when the dedicated Qatar lounge will open at LHR T4? There has been some talk, but no action so far.

DNAdams
    Participant

Does anyone have any news/info regarding the new QR lounge at LHR T4. When QR moved from T3 in Dec ’10 I was told that the new dedicated QR lounge would be ready early 2011 but they are still using the Skyteam lounge and I cannot get any reply from QR on this

Also, it seems impossible to get a date for the opening of DHIA.

Does BT know anything?

Hi DNAdams – we have asked Qatar Airways about this, and will post any response here as soon as we get it.

Hi DNAdams – this is the reply we have received from Qatar Airways on the subject of the new lounge at Heathrow T4:

“Qatar Airways is planning to open a new airport lounge at Heathrow, our first outside Doha, over the coming months”

As soon as we have more information we’ll post it here.

DNAdams
    Participant

Thanks BusinessTraveller,

Not sure what is going on there but this is the same response that I received from Qatar Airways over 6 months ago – word for word. I tried again about 6 weeks ago but didn’t receive any reply from them at all.

Also, do you know anything about NDIA and when it is due to open?

Appreciate your help.

Hi DNAdams – the latest we have on New Doha International Airport is that it is due to open at the end of 2012. Again as soon as we are able to obtain more specific information we’ll post it here.

Here are the latest computer-generated images we have received of the project, received in March:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/the-big-picture-new-doha-international-airport

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls