Qatar Airways – First Time

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

You make a good point HOME@FL350 and one I had not thought of, about the bus from the stand to the terminal. I usually only have hand baggage consisting of a Samsonite and a computer case. If I think of how I had to drag this across FRA earlier this month, or even from B to A at ZRH, the bus is a much better idea.

If I enjoy QR, and from all your comments I think I will, I may fly them to New Zealand if I can get tickets to the Rugby World Cup. I’ll certainly try the First Class on that route.

By coincidence, I met the Architects in Milan who are responsible for the interior of the new F terminal at Doha, opening I believe next year. It sounds like it will be out of this world.

donkeyasia
    Participant

LP, QR only fly to Melbourne in Australasia. and only in business class at present using the 777LR. which in my opinion is the best long haul aircraft around. QR beats all the other direct airlines ot the far -east, even with the trasnit in Doha. Personally I apprecaite the break, and the bus direct from plane to a ersonal business terminal beats the walk at LHR every time.

QR from Doha to JNB is a great flight. I do it monthly, may see you.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Donkeyasia and hopefully see you one day. I’ve not yet studied QR’s route network, but I do want to visit Australia, so it may work.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear LuganoPirate !

In summary ,QR is indeed a very civilized option especially in Premium ( business class in your case ) …..immaculately groomed cabin staff ( this is indeed true about QR crew ….not a wrinkle in the blouse or the skirt ….) !!!!..unlike many other airlines claiming to be the best in the world and selling their products at twice the price of others ….!!….Food served on QR is simply superb …their 777 seats are GREAT !…………The Doha Premium terminal is among the best retreats in the airline business !!..rivalling the best ever lounges in the world ( I have not yet been to Korean Air s Incheon lounge ) …..QR is in my eyes the : Swiss of the Middle East…..
    I still iterate that my favourite three airlines covering the globe from West to East are Swiss ,Qatar ,and Singapore !….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I would now agree with your choice of airlines KSH. I enjoyed the Qatar experience and can only echo all the positive comments made here.

I especially liked the fact there is a separate bus for premium travellers to the terminal and that you pass security as you enter, meaning you go straight to the gate and limo style bus (my kids loved that) on departure.

Duty free was a bit poor and I thought expensive, especially for cigars.

I will fly them again but I will stay loyal to Swiss.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear LuganoPirate !

I do endorse your decision fully !!..Yep!..QR is indeed an experience to repeat again and again..when you cross the Atlantic,Swiss will remain your carrier of choice ..to the Far East /South Africa /India,QR can be a viable option ……….Look No further !!!!..

Cheers !

first_class_please
    Participant

LP – think we need to start a forum on where to buy the cheapest cigars !

I smoke Cohiba Robusto`s mainly and find the cheapest place i can get them is Bahrain.

Think i paid $292 for 25 last time i was there.

Will be making a purchase next Tuesday.

Potakas
    Participant

Have a great collection of cigars, my best are:

Cohiba Sublimes Edition Limitada 2004 (3 left)

Montecristo No. 4 Reserva (full box)

Cohiba Reserva Seleccion (full box)

I have stopped smoking Cigars the last year as I started smoking cigarettes again and I will not enjoy their flavor.

I used to do on the past, back to back to Beirut once a year from Athens to buy my cigars. Their duty free shop has the best prices.

IIRC, a box of Montecristo No. 2 was for 170E.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

First, a great idea to start a cigar forum. I’d be a happy member of that. If you and Potakas get the chance, buy some Cohiba Beheke. They’re pricey but worth very cent. In fact Potakas, they would be a good incentive to stop the weed and start again with some good Havana leaf instead!

I remember the joys of travelling F years ago when cigars would be offered. A good cigar after a good meal with an excellent Port at 36,000′ – Bliss, and one really felt closer to Heaven!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls