Qatar Airways FF rule change!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

ClubWorld64K
    Participant

Is anyone else aware of QR moving the goal posts when it comes to earning code share points?

They are now only awarding points on their own FF scheme when you book there very competitive business class fares. This is now known as an “R” fare and doesn’t qualify for BA and other One World FF points!

The next fare up is the “I” and this does earn other FF miles and tier points but this fare is far from competitive!

This for me is real shame and rather short sighted, as I’ve been flying with them for the last 15 months and loved what they have to offer, but at the end of the day, as we all know, its all about the points and I’ll be back in T5 before my long haul East bound flights from now on!!

RichardB
    Participant

ClubWorld64K
    Participant

Yep RichardB you beat me to it!

Good news though (if only for the Krug in the lounge!)

http://www.godsavethepoints.com/news/april14roundup2016

LuganoPirate
    Participant

they most likely came under some pressure over this so have caved in.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Indeed since this was a dangerous breach in the alliance concept.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

You will find within *A this is quite a common approach mostly adopted to others by the LH group where there are a number of fare classes that offer nothing unless you are a Miles & More member.

IMO it will not be too long before cheap C tickets earn a lot less than they do now, it’s just not economic for it to continue.

On QR there are often more BA gold and silver cards being waved about than QR cards. Of course people are seeking better service and value for money but it makes no sense to award them at the same level as top paying passengers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls