Qatar Airways Customer Service

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

• KevinPollard
    Participant

I agree with farhan121’s comments; there is no reason to inject stereotypes because they are wrong, much less offensive.

Qatar’s problems stem from corporate refund and flexibility policies that to not match business travellers’ needs, inadequate resources in their offices, lenthy response times and poor training of their personnel.

Let’s keep the comments focused on service and stay away from the other foolishness.

ram123456
    Participant

Hi,

The baggage size allowed is 158cm i.e 62” what happens if it is just 1.5” more that is 63.5” . Do the airways will give a fine for that and if yes how much it is?

worldtraveller999
    Participant

they will most prob advise you to check the baggage in instead of taking it on board

PsyDtoBe
    Participant

There is no reason for anybody to be racist here, we all should keep our personal thought about it to ourselves.

But regarding QR, I still think they have not yet deserve their 5 stars rating, especially when you compare them with SQ and CX. All SQ business class fare will never charge you for changing dates, not even a service fee. And both SQ and CX takes their costumers feedback seriously. Not to mention their service and products are outstanding and much better compared to QR. But of course people have different opinions.

QR better than BA? Not in products, BA new econ and econ + as well as club world and first are more superior to QR and to be frank the services are about the same, intact I find BA’s service is better than QR.

To be clear, Airpocket was banned from this forum last year due to the nature of his posts. We thought all inappropriate posts had been removed, but it appears there are still a few on the system – we will be removing them in due course.

skyguy79
    Participant

Whilst I don’t for one moment feel that this thread should be turned into a hotbed of racism, I strongly feel that as great s Middle Eastern Airlines are in the sky, their ground,reservations and office staff really need customer service training. I have only ever encountered rudeness,abruptness and customer service shy people in Qatar Airways,Emirates and Etihad. Saying that the inflight services are 100%. The rudest crew on an Arab airline was a cockney girl Tracy from London who was on a Gulf Air flight talking to passengers like they are rubbish and showing her legs in the galley to a 7 year old boy…..there are idiots everywhere….end of.

Worldone
    Participant

I find it a mystery that Qatar proclaims itself a 5 star airline. On what basis? Are there polls that genuinely represent majority opinion – or is there more to it than that? Personally I have found them unhelpful and/or elusive on the phone and not that great in the air. The food is terrific but the inexperience of crew members is obvious and one wonders how they would handle an emergency. Their business class seats are nothing to write home about, Doha remains what it has always been (best avoided) and service and equipment across their various routes are inconsistent. I had paricularly bad flights between Doha and Nairobi, for example. Their prices are low but despite that I avoid them these days.

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I am frankly, astounded at the negative sentiment being expressed here towards Qatar Airways. I am a regular Star Alliance flyer between Bangkok and Dublin, usually via London or Paris but I just cannot ignore the value being offered by Qatar in Business Class these days and so have used them a number of times recently on the Bangkok-Doha-London route.

I have found the service to be excellent, with great staff, delicious food, great Premium terminal at Doha (despite the long bus ride from the aircraft) and I cannot find better value for €2,000 return fare in Business Class.

Think of value for your Euro and compare it to what Thai Air or any other airline is offering to London from Bangkok

skyguy79
    Participant

I have seen firsthand that the better these Arabian airlines are in the sky, the poorer their ground and admin staff attitude. They really feel like they have been plucked from the heavens and that we ought to be grateful but they forget one thing….that customer’s have a choice…if you treat a customer badly he/she will tell everyone who will listen and simply not fly with you again.

David
    Participant

I have to agree with JamesM. I have flown Qatar Airways a fair bit over the past couple of years (am flying them to Doha again tomorrow, in fact) and find them to offer an excellent product. For example, who else is serving Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame on a 45 minute flight coupled with a full hot dinner/lunch on real-sized china (DXB to DOH) ? While the cabin crew do tend to be somewhat younger than say BA or LH and the angled-flat in Business does not compare to CW, they provide excellent value for money. I can not comment on their Customer Service, but then again I have never needed to call upon them.

skyguy79
    Participant

Here is someone who obviosuly doesn’t like Qatar Airways . This individual claims to be racist but his/her comments are just laughable ! Even I have had issues QR but this following link is so extreme !

—————–

Why Not to fly Qatar Airways?

Comments
    Posted on December 5, 2008 by Commie B @ 8:38 pm
    Filed under: Products & Services Reviews,The Why Phenomenon? —

Well, if I was to be concise as I usually am in matters of business, I’d say because they suck. Bad service, zero customer service and terrible customer support make for a recipe for an airline that will crash: Qatar Airways, the worlds only fake star airline.

Well, it is typical of the Arab world, isn’t it. Tie that in with the low life typical customer service staff in London, and you have the ideal combination that hell will possibly comprise of: Arab business mentality coupled with British competence; God help us. That’s right, I’m racist. Get over it.

So, what is wrong with Qatar Airways? Let’s start here:

Qatar airways will charge you upto GBP 800 extra for wanting to stay over in Doha, Qatar if that’s where the aeroplane stops. That’s right. These low life single digit IQ camel riding airline running Islam insulting scumbags will charge you extra money to increase the tourism to Doha, which apparently the Royal family there is trying excessively hard to promote. well, there you go. Qatar Airways, a fine example of communication engineering between owner and management; a prime example of efficient business management by Arabs.
    Qatar Airways staff in London / Manchester is, well, like almost any other similar business, fucking stupid. I talked to some probably stupid frustrated woman who, when asked why the xxxxx she was being such a dumb xxxxx had absolutely no answer. Well how could she; she couldn’t give me her name when I asked her for it. Dumb xxxx
    Qatar Airways staff lies. Flat out. Another classic example of Arab owned business with British style customer service. These booboo monkeys will only give you an 0870 number to call for bookings and reservations, and they will deliberately make you hold. I think it is because these low life camel riding sand sluts of customer service or bookings and reservation agents get commission by the minute. Both the dumb xxxx dude and the stupid xxxx woman had the audacity to tell me that I was mistaken if I thought that there is no 02 or 01 for Qatar xxxxxxx dumpways in the UK. Well, there are about 7 such numbers. And for those of you who want them, here they are:
    London: 020 73992566 / 67 / 68 / 69 / 70 / 72 / 77, Manchester: 0161 8385399
    Lastly, these Islamic insulting fundamentalist promoting dishonest infidels have robbed me of 400 sterling. What can I say?
    I hope Qatar Airways crashes as a business, and I honestly pray that their scumbag employees, well, there is a reason why they will stay in the job of answering a phone all their lives, eh?

Now, I feel better. If you don’t like this post, well, tough xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and if you’re from Qatar Airways, well, even more tough.

I want to add that no disrespect is meant to any Arabs here. I do have great respect for many Arabs in general, but I stand by my comments about the Qatar Airways, the way it is run and their entire attitude in general. I would rather pay an extra £100 and fly emirates rather than go with Qatar Air. Maybe it’s just my luck, but the comments here make it clear that others have had similar experiences. After all, my comments about business culture in the Arab world were based on experiences in Dubai. Being in Britain doesn’t help either. Now, if you’re from Oman or Kuwait, I will have good things to say, because there’s a world of difference even between Arab countries and the people that come from there.

Read more: Why Not to fly Qatar Airways? http://www.asifism.com/products-services-reviews/why-not-to-fly-qatar-airways/#ixzz1BQQ8UUJN

skyguy79
    Participant

The complaints about Qatar Airways don’t end there..amazing how a supposedly 5 star airline in the sky can be reflected so damn poorly on the ground :

http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=qatar+airways

skyguy79
    Participant

skyguy79
    Participant

Will the horror stories ever end ?!!

http://www.qatarliving.com/node/305484

pomerol
    Participant

Editor

Could you please explain to me, how the above posting by Skguymanchester 18/01/2011 21:38, is allowed on this forum, it is very very offensive.

Their appears a lot of bad feeling on this forum at the moment, not what would be expected at the start of a New Year.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls