Qatar Airways CANCELLATION POLICY

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• SCF
    Participant

HI, I am debating whether to fly to HK in July or not, in view of their current 14-day quarantine policy. I know that Qatar won’t let me cancel, but rather push me into accepting a 110% voucher. The point is, I may not fly at all late this year, so rather keep my money.
    I see that my ticket has a max €730 ‘for the entire ticket’ penalty, which is stiff, but acceptable.
    What I would like to know is, do I get the texts back as well?
    Does anyone know?
    Thank you.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

After a very long flight from Europe (in this case CDG-LHR-HKG) the arrivals process would deter all but the most determined.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/flying-long-haul-during-covid-19-air-travel-has-never-been-stranger

cotswoldsw
    Participant

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to your question about taxes. However, possibly of interest, I took the voucher in respect of a HKG booking I had for September. Having requested the voucher I had doubts given references to the voucher being ‘base fare’ + 10% and panicked I wouldn’t be refunded the whole amount. Happily, I needn’t have worried. The other plus that I wasn’t aware of is that the voucher is valid for 12 months but travel can be up to a further 12 months thereafter. I don’t think the vouchers can be redeemed online yet (told this is a work in progress), but otherwise happy with my decision.

JC199
    Participant

Are you a HK resident or not? If not, they have already banned foreigners from entering HK back in March and dont know when will they reopen the boarders.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=999065][/postquote]

Your question “Are you a HK resident or not?” is of course a very good one, as HKG is currently only admitting HKG ID card holders. But can I please just repeat that HKG have already not “banned foreigners from entering HK” – foreigners can enter if they hold a HKG ID card. I’m sure you know this, but am just trying to be fully clear. Thank you.

cwoodward
    Participant

This is what may be termed ‘informed speculation’ (‘informed’ only because I live in HK and listen and read a good deal about the subject) on my part but I do expect HK and a couple of other Asian countries will partially open their borders to non residents prior to the end of June. Meaning that travel without quarantine may well be possible by residence between HK and say Bangkok or Seoul and vv. Progressively this would be extended to more countries that were more or less clean of the virus, perhaps Australia and maybe New Zealand.
    Also Hong Kong will open its border to residence of certain areas of China and to Macau in a few weeks.
    The situation is at the moment as we are all aware a very fluid one and it seems that many governments are delaying making any announcements preferring to only announce that they see no way forward towards borders being opened in the short term. I am of the view though that once the partial border openings are started by one or two countries others will rapidly follow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls