Qatar Airways Business Class passengers access to lounge at new Doha airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• AleRomUY
    Participant

Yeah, I know!
    I am just expressing my desire if it would be possible, in order to avoid being thrown away at the new airport, even being a full fare-paying Business class passenger, you know?
    Mr. Al Baker anyway will not pay any attention to us at this time, he is busy with the IATA conference.

IstanbulWarrior
    Participant

You can always drop him a line on +974 4462 2221. He is usually quite responsive when complaints are directed to him. Or email him at <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

Dianne22
    Participant

I see a few people here asking for information on how business class travellers are going with the new ( or lack of new) lounge facilities.
    Any updates with travellers who have been through Hammad recently?
    Am flying to Europe in early September from Melbourne and really wondering what to expect. Wish the old business lounge still existed. Can you get a shower in business class or isn’t that possible? Thought Qatar was a great airline when we flew business class with them last time but now wondering if it was a mistake. Really grateful to anyone with recent information.

Ahmad
    Participant

Dianne22,

The thread “Opening of New Doha Airport” has latest information from travellers. May I suggest you read it backwards, by using the ‘skip to the last post’ link. It should answer your question about shower facilities. From what I can understand, you need to have One World status to be able to use the lounges that are functional, otherwise you need to pay.

rodders
    Participant

Dianne 22
    I came through HIA on Fri 4th July, there are lounges open, available to One World FFQT’s and I believe the QR Business Lounge will be open this month. The new airport in my view is good, yes there are teething issues, and staff do seem somewhat unsure of whats around, but the travelators are working, the shuttle is not, and there is a lack of gates in operation (this was the key issue for the delay in QR’s A380’s coming into operation), the air con needs some attention, but otherwise if the connection is not too long, then its fine, and when the QR dedicated lounges are open am sure it will be a huge improvement.

rferguson
    Participant

Well…….so the new J class lounge is open in DOH. The lounge situation seems complicated to say the least. SO we have Qatar offering a First Class, Business Class, Oryx and now this new ‘Al Mourjan Business Class’ lounge (which will also eventually sport an F facility) which seems the best and most vast of the lot. OneWorld Emeralds can access the First and Business Class lounges if travelling Y. And OW Sapphires can access the Business Class or Oryx lounges. But it seems neither have access to the new Al Mourjan lounge. Pity!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-qatar-airways-opens-new-al-mourjan-business-lounge-in-doha?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=flipper&utm_campaign=home-flipper

first_class_please
    Participant

I was there on Saturday, posted my review under this thread:-

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Opening-of-New-Doha-Airport#postn_126043

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls