Qatar Airways A350-900

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Qatar uses T3 at Changi and unfortunately the DNATA lounge which is rather grim, plus there was then an extremely long walk to Gate 23 which was right at the end of the pier, assume this is the result of SQ trying to keep the best gates for themselves.
    Boarding was efficient, and business class passengers were called first, the entrance to the A350 via door 2 is impressive, with a lounge type area, using similar colours to the bar/lounge on Qatar's A380.

Seats were the same as the 380 and 787, which i think are fine for sitting/viewing but not quite so good for sleeping, and on the 350, there is a small gap between the cabin wall and seat pod, so ideal for phones etc. to go missing.

Usual efficient QR service, rose water towels, drinks, PJ's etc all given out on the ground, and after take off drinks bright quickly, then dinner, though why anyone wants to eat dinner at 0300 is beyond me….but several did.

The windows are large, not as large as the 787, and the interior was spacious, almost square, helped by no overhead bins in the centre. Generous sized toilets, with less plastic used on the doors for example compared to the 787.

Again, very quiet, and I certainly felt less dehydrated on arrival in Doha, which was exactly on schedule.

Overall a very nice aeroplane to travel on, and will try and get a day flight on the next trip.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user rodders can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls