Qatar Airways A330-300 (281 seats) Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

ColinRussell
    Participant

…is there a worse airline than QATAR…. possibly…but in the food criteria…inedible! I’d rate it below the budget airlines we travel on in Asia.

No hot towels…you were offered a lolly at take off. Eh?

The first meal …. mmm… potato salad as starter and fish main course (of the frozen variety) with a half “plate” serving of mash potato… as if you needed more potato to go with the salad. Totally disgusting.

Before landing in Dohar – a “chicken sandwich” welded to the insides of a cardboard box … I’ve never seen one like it before …with almost no chicken and a horrible brown sauce inside.

Then there’s the landing miles away from the Dohar terminal; a 15 min bus ride to the terminal (which is a chaotic mess).

Or was it that QATAR airline staff in Paris couldn’t tell us whether we could buy duty free or whether it would be confiscated in Dohar? The duty free staff at CDG insisted no alcohol if transiting in Dohar …QATAR staff checked…and then couldn’t really say either way. They simply didn’t care.

After the second bus trip back out to the plane in Dohar….left queuing up the stairway at night in 35 degree heat… sitting on the tarmac for an hour… with only one announcement as to the reason… we set off for Singapore. The first “meal”…a carbon copy of that same chicken sandwich in a box offered to us on the first leg of the journey. Are you kidding me!

I shouldn’t mention the tea served when we asked for coffee… that would be “hair splitting”… pressing the service button when completely without attention.

And their tag line?

“The World’s 5 Star Airline”

You should have paid to go business or first class, instead of economy. I have travelled many times and the service and product have always been nothing short of fantastic.

I guess you get what you pay for…

Edski777
    Participant

So…basically you didn’t like the catering. Fair, but hardly anybody is impressed with the food offerings in economy on almost any airline.
    And you didn’t like being bussed around an airport in the sweltering heat. The why did you select Qatar? You know they fly you to the Gulf region for a transfer and with a minimum of effort you would have learned that a new and larger airport in stil under construction.

But best of all: they flew you to Dohar for your transfer? That is in Bangladesh! I think Qatar Airways is still investigating what went wrong here! LOL

holmvall
    Participant

This will of course vary by departure airport and whom is catering for them. Was this a flight from Paris then? No surprise – French arent known for their food……or wait – they are!!! LOL

sparkyflier
    Participant

I did not know Qatar flew to Dohar. I know they go to/from Doha, but until this review had not actually heard of Dohar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls