Qatar Airways 2 for 1 sale ends early.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

The 4day sale which ends tomorrow (14th) seems to have ended early. Got a price to CPT for business class yesterday evening for £3000. 12 hours later all fares now £4000 plus. I phoned QR to be told that there were no more cheap fares. The fares she quoted were more than twice what I paid for a normal single a month ago. Rip off…or did somebody get the only ticket in the offer!?

BigDog.
    Participant

The recent Cathay sale, coinciding with Chinese New Year, was very sparse especially in the premium cabins.

Methinks they must be filling the premium cabins without having to discount much or offer a free upgrade on a leg.

stevescoots
    Participant

I agree, I was looking at HKG or CA. Normal average fare price I pay with them is 2-2.5K

the 2 for one best I got was 3900

first_class_please
    Participant

Must just be the dates / routes being looked at, Bangkok in September looks fine.

Raffles99
    Participant

The Qatar website was playing up quite a bit last night and today. I would keep checking back. Would be a massive backtrack after emailing all their members.

stevescoots
    Participant

They do these every year and every year its the same. The prices get hiked at least 50% the day they announce the sale.

QR, who are my favorite carrier going east are the DFS of Airlines, the deals are never what they appear to be.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Openfly – I could get tickets to Colombo for £3115 this morning. In the event, I preferred to go from the “no refunds for anything whatsoever” to the ‘Restricted Business Class’ offering, which charges £100 for changes and £150 for cancellation.

Two tickets, for myself and Mrs TOH, for a fortnight in Sri Lanka in early November. £3291.10, business class. Very pleased. Especially as they’re a OneWorld member and so we can add the tier points to our BA ones.

And no, Qatar’s website is not the best, is it?

openfly
    Participant

Thanks all, for your comments. TOH…Glad it worked for you.

first_class_please
    Participant

TOH, you will be pleased to know the relatively short Doha – Colombo is just over the “long haul” threshold, so you will get the same tier points for that sector as you will for London – Doha.

flier74
    Participant

Just booked a €3000 ticket to BKK for 2 , a saving of €2200. Lovely. Also said non refundable yet my booking confirmation states €150 cancellation fee or €100 for changes. Bargain

stevescoots
    Participant

certainly there are savings to be had, but its not a 2 for one/buy one get one free when comparing to usual rates (ex LHR)

TiredOldHack
    Participant

first_class_please – that’s goodnews. Hadn’t thought of that.

Excellent.

stevescoots – you’re right, but it’s still a good deal. I costed out BA to Colombo, CW, on the dates I wanted at about £4.6k for two people.

HighFlyer
    Participant

Booked flights from Edinburgh to Bali for £3.5k which i thought was a good buy. Fare still available. The website is fairly ropey, but got it booked after 10 attempts!

skywards
    Participant

HighFlyer, I think you got a splendid deal there considering EDI to DOH is the Dreamliner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls