Qatar 777 Manchester

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Nogbad01
    Participant

I read recently that Qatar were “upgrading” the aircraft serving Manchester to a 777.

I have used their current B787 and A350 flights regularly (very nice business class seat) and thought we might be getting the Q-Suite equipped 777. But no. Checking the seat plan for my flight on the 31st and its the very old (for Qatar) 2 x 2 x 2 layout.

First world problem of course, but this is a major step backwards for business travellers from Manchester. And makes the Emirates A380 look like a much more attractive option.

esselle
    Participant

Whilst I haven’t flown it for a few years, the 773 J seat is really rather nice, albeit you get less privacy than you do on the 787/350/380 J class seat.

Very comfortable, masses of legroom, and of course the high service standard you get (mostly) on QR these days.

I am flying MAN-DOH-MEL in a couple of weeks and have no problem knowing it is a 773 on the first leg. It’s a daytime flight so I know it will be fine. DOH-MEL is overnight on a 380, so sleeping will be easy.

Not sure you’ve got anything to be worried about really.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=913482]I read recently that Qatar were “upgrading” the aircraft serving Manchester to a 777.

I have used their current B787 and A350 flights regularly (very nice business class seat) and thought we might be getting the Q-Suite equipped 777. But no. Checking the seat plan for my flight on the 31st and its the very old (for Qatar) 2 x 2 x 2 layout.

First world problem of course, but this is a major step backwards for business travellers from Manchester. And makes the Emirates A380 look like a much more attractive option.[/quote]

It is clearly a step back for business class customers. That said, the B777 QR seat and service remains far better than the very poor and cramped EK business class seat, especially on the lorry of the air (aka A380). And Doha Airport is in my view far better than DXB!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls