Qantas/BA 1st Class Lounge – Changi

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

HighFlyer
    Participant

Heading through Changi next week, and will be using the Qantas First Class Lounge. Could someone tell me if you can get a full meal in the lounge or is it more of a twiglet and sandwich kind of place? Thanks

Binman62
    Participant

It is not twiglet and snacks as such, but there is no meal service. I have a fondness for Singapore airport but the First Lounge, especially from 4pm is generally packed. The problem is QF and BA gold card holders. There are so many QF flights departing in the early evening from SIN to OZ that both lounges become very very busy. It is not helped by those on Jet star flights also having access if they have a gold card and there is no dedicated area for First ticket holders. ( very few QF flights leaving SIN have a first product other than the LHR SYD MEL and BA SYD flights. All the rest incluidng the FRA SYD have justa business class product so the presence of so mnay people in the lounge can only be due status.
    The Club lounge is a great deal roomier than the First Lounge which is big in any event. It is not a patch on anything at T5 or the rather Fabulous QF lounge in Sydney, which has stunning views and fabulous food and service.
    There are showers in both lounges and if First are all in use go to the Club lounge. My advice would be to go there in any event if First busy.
    The lounge is located on the floor above the shops about1/3rd to half way down the main terminal and around 5-8 mins from the arrival gates.
    Despite my comments I have never in over 25 years of using SIN had a bad experience there and I include one night when I slept in the terminal when BA closed the lounge….Enjoy

HighFlyer
    Participant

Thanks Binman62, appreciate your comments!

David
    Participant

I have never been a huge fan of the lounge in SIN. It’s certainly not bad (food is a mediocre buffet) but nothing spectacular either, especially when it is supposed to be a FIRST product. Given that the First lounges at both London Heathrow and Sydney are excellent, the Changi lounge is just a bit of a let-down (again, by comparison). That being said, I had an excellent (no wait) shower there on my way to LHR last month and I do enjoy the book store which is located very close by (one level down from the lounge).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls