Qantas New Lounge Heathrow?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• martin
    Participant

Hi
    Travelling next week with the family on Qantas and want to take advantage of the flexible guest policy with Qantas not counting children as guests. I’m BA Silver. I understood that Qantas was opening a new lounge at heathrow but all seems to have gone quiet….any ideas?
    Cheers
    Martin

frustratedflyer
    Participant

Yes I understand it will be opening soon but I have not heard a date. I hear it will be another flagship one like Hong Kong & Singapore. Fingers crossed.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s been mentioned here

No Emirates Business Lounge at JFK

We’ll try and fine out if there’s any update.
    Tom

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well, it’s finally opened (tomorrow)

Qantas opens Heathrow Terminal 3 Lounge

rferguson
    Participant

The lounge looks amazing and definitely a notch above the similar HKG and SIN lounges. Great to see their delicious signature salt and pepper squid on the menu (only available in the F lounges in SYD/MEL and LAX).

Not sure how I feel about them not having a separate facility (or even small area) for F passengers or OW Emeralds. On the one hand the facilities and dining are top notch and one i’d be delighted with if travelling F or as a OWE. The only thing i’d worry about is how busy the lounge will become – all QF’s passengers along with the BA and AA passengers that use the QF superior facilities over the BA/AA lounges. Add into the mix the smaller OW airlines flying ex T3 – Finnair, JL, Sri Lankan, RJ. I can see it being pretty mobbed and I think it would be nice if there was a designated area with a more quiet/calm ambiance for F or F/Emeralds.

esselle
    Participant

I’m sure it’s very nice, based on experience in Australia, but still imagine that if using T3 I would go to the CX F lounge.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The Qantas Lounge has a gin bar serving an Australian gin with green ants in it, though…

Green Ant Gin

nmtraveller
    Participant

Well I have to say I find it delightful. The atmosphere is more like a London restaurant / bar than some of those tired and stuffy corporate airport lounges. Yes the natural light is limited but the design is nice and modern. And the staff is extremely forthcoming (maybe because it’s the opening). I felt more like a paying guest (which I am in a way since Finnair is paying Qantas for my access) deserving high quality service than a passenger using its lounge benefit. I was in the dining area and they kept checking I had everything I need without being too invasive. Just like in a restaurant really.

Access was a bit hit and miss (too many lines to read on my boarding pass I guess. Until I pointed out the Business class line) and once inside I felt a bit oppressed by the swarm of staff members welcoming me and offering me a tour.

Sadly the kitchen only opens at 930 so breakfast buffet only. Choice a bit limited yet I found it very appetising (and a far cry from BA tired offering). The muesli red fruits passion fruit honey yoghurt (yes Qantas is Australian…) is delicious! Of course if you like bacon butty you might be disappointed.

Quite weird to be offered gin at 830am. After my refusal I was offered sparkling wine (Australian, very decent,though of course not as good as proper champagne) and it kept flowing without me even asking for it.

It looks like all the tables in the dining room have electric plugs. WiFi was fast and didn’t required a password.

Showers are nice and clean (as you would expect from brand new facilities of course). A bit cold though. And I would prefer to have individual toiletries bottle rather those big ones that have been touched by everyone.

Overall the place is very quiet and peaceful in the morning.

Bottom line: just before my flight, I was rested, relaxed and I ate well. Just what the doctor ordered 🙂 I don’t have OW status so can’t compare with F lounges. But for business customers it’s very nice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls