Qantas Club

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Cloud-9
    Participant

I have an Australian friend who lives in England. Lást Sunday hís sister ?as found dead at h?r home in Melbourne and he has had to make a lást minute booking to MEL. He ís flying economy on MH and wonders ìf his QC card will gain him access to any òf the oneworld lounges at LHR, KUL ?r MEL, bearing in mind MH ís n?? a fully fledged member òneworld member.

Thanks – apologies f?r the ?odgy characters in thís message, but I am using a Vietnamese keyboard.

SimonS1
    Participant

Sounds a stressful situation, my sympathies.

In principle I don’t see why it wouldn’t (bearing in mind membership of OneWorld) however you don’t say what status level he is? That may have some bearing on it. In other words I am assimg he is at a level where he would normally get access when travelling economy?

austline
    Participant

Jim, sorry to hear about your friends loss.
    SimonS! is right it depends on what OW status he has . If no OW status then being a QC member will not get him entrance into the MH lounges. Suggest he looks at the QF web page on QC entitlements. QC membership entitlements only apply if you are flying on EK,AA,JQ,QF

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

Jim,being a QC member in itself will not get him automatic access to any oneworld lounges except Qantas Clubs and AAdmirals Clubs. (Used to be BA as well, but that changed last year).

If he also has oneworld status, then he can use oneworld lounges – but on the status, not the QC membership.

If he has no status and was travelling ex LHR on either QF or EK, then he could use the AA lounge (flying QF) or EK lounge (flying EK).

Yes, MH is now a full member of oneworld, but QC paid membership alone (without status) will not gain him access to MH lounges.

Cloud-9
    Participant

Many thanks, alas he has no tier status as he only flies to Australia once annually to visit his father and sister and has remained loyal to their program which demands at least four QF flights a year
    It is indeed tragic as it is not yet clear if his sister was murdered or committed suicide by suffocation
    Thanks a lot for your input

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls