Qantas CEO bitchslaps Etihad

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

AndrewChanster
    Participant

Qantas CEO Alan Joyce says he declined an alliance with Etihad in favour of Emirates because it was “like being offered a bike before a BMW”.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/alan-joyce-why-i-snubbed-an-alliance-with-etihad-over-emirates

capetonianm
    Participant

An untrue comment in poor taste, poor judgment, and utterly unprofessional. Par for the course with that idiot. It may well come back to bite him in the backside.

AndrewChanster
    Participant

I agree, it’s a very cheap shot unworthy of Qantas and only makes them look second-rate.

Bullfrog
    Participant

The QF share price is on the slide again. Glad I sold mine at the end of April.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

What is it with Irish airline CEOs? There seems to be a trend of gobbiness and the apparent intent to provoke.

MarcusUK
    Participant

If you look at the style of Emirates vs Etihad, judging by his behaviour and how he manages Qantas, you can see Emirates is a better match.

EK go into a country, undercut the National Airlines, and run new bigger Aircraft. They do not seek to work in co-operation with anyone else. They go in, take the business from other Airlines for their own gain, often at the loss of the local / National Airline. It is a sort of bully in my view, in the industry.

Etihad, who are more of a boutique Airline, with a far more elegant experience on board, are far from EK’s strategy. They seek codeshares with other Airlines especially in Europe, and co-operations to enhance and benefit both parties.
    They also buy shares to gain influence or control, to expand their network, investing in those that they work with.
    It is a far more balanced and ethical approach.

Qantas does not have a good reputation in Australia anymore, and the events that seem to happen with their aircraft, and the way they treat the staff is dictatorial.
    They are a good match for Emirates, as they have the same philosophy of Management!

rferguson
    Participant

Spot on MarcusUK.

From what I have heard from friends that fly for QF their CEO makes Willie Walsh look like a pussy cat.

Btw, the title of this thread gave me a Sunday morning giggle. Just the image of QF and EY CEO’s bitch slapping each other 🙂

***These are my personal views and not that of my employer***

MarcusUK
    Participant

Watch the program on UK tv C4 8pm, Monday eve documentary on Ryanair!
    (This was aired i think on Dutch TV 6 months ago, as i have seen it).
    Shocking revelations if they are in fact accurate, which it appears to be.

JohnHarper
    Participant

FormerlyDoS – 11/08/2013 08:02 GMT

Isn’t it also that they both have ‘little man’ syndrome which never helps anything. Invariably they are bullies.

Of course Joyce doesn’t have the sense to see that EK will eventually eat QF for breakfast and he will be the first course!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls