Qantas A380

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

jasonr01
    Participant

Hi ladies and Gents,
    Will be soon flying Singapore back to UK on A380 in Pemium economy. Just wondered who else had been on the A380 and what their comments are. What is the service like with Qantas as never flown with them before.
    Thank you in advance

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Qantas appear to have again gone one 380 down after an incident at Heathrow over the weekend. Cant find anything in the press about it.

Something along the lines of a ground vehicle, a reverse gear and a large hole in the fuselage.

Freedom1
    Participant

Not a large hole in the fuselage…. just damage to the engine cowling which is being repaired currently and a/c expected back in service by the weekend !!!

As for their Premium… on here and many forums widely regarded as one of the best P/Y products on the market !! Enjoy

LeTigre
    Participant

Qantas service is amongst the best and as for the A380, just think of a normal plane minus the stress, colds and jetlag.

Bon Voyage!

JordanD
    Participant

As Freedom1 says, it was a BAA vehicle which seemed to meet the front end of a QF engine. Aircraft is otherwise fine – they just need to fix the panels and it can go.

Regular commentary on the QF Premium Economy is that it is “J-” rather than “Y+” – as it in, it’s closer to a step down from Business than a step up from economy.

cpmoffett
    Participant

We’ve flown SIN to LHR the last two years on Qantas A380. Service great, food very good, comfort very good, although the footrest is a tad on the short side and ‘bubbles’ upon boarding which is a nice touch. The only problem encountered was my significant other suffered motion sickness on both return journeys over Andaman Sea. Think it was to do with location of PE cabin upstairs at the tail end. Highly recommend it and hope you enjoy it.

Dobson73
    Participant

QANTAS. Quick And Nasty, Typical Aussie Service. I’m an Aussie and will never step foot on a Qantas aircraft again, too many years of putting up with their holier than thou, “I’m a Qantas flight attendant, what are you?” attitude.

Jason, I hope for your sake and from what I read above, maybe there has been some improvement. And the a380 is wonderful, no matter what the airline.

jasonr01
    Participant

Hi Dobson73.
    Have now flown with them and I have to say I was quite impressed although tha tmay have had something to do with being in Premium economy but with an exit seat so more room than I knew what to do with. It was also a night flight so plenty of sleep after a long business trip.
    So on the whole I was quite impressed but I gues that also has to do with which team of flight attendants you get

Dobson73
    Participant

Glad you enjoyed it, Jason. When they’re good, they are very good but when they’re bad…. Look out! Anyway, I’m pleased you’ve had a good experience and maybe it’ll entice you to sample real Aussie hospitality on the ground out here one day.

jasonr01
    Participant

Dobson,
    I loved the place!
    Started in Perth then flew to Brisbane (although not too keen on Brisbane) and then to Sydney.
    Would love to move out there!
    In my opinion only but better than this hole we call the UK

Binman62
    Participant

Please be aware that Qantas have night stopped the QF10 A380 service to SIN every night this week (since Jan 15th) and are likely to do so for several more days. A lack of aircraft and a some very careless ( and probably very expensive) ground handling.
    As there is nothing on their web site and no pre advice to passengers they are clearly trying to keep it very quiet. Friends who travelled last night ( or rather today) reported that they had not even been rebooked for onward flights and were forced to checkin last night as scheduled.
    Pretty shabby really…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls