Qantas A330-300 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

Qantas have retimed their Singapore flights from all points since moving European connections to Dubai so this morning departure from Perth means a longish wait at Changi for the evening BA connection but the fare was good so went for it. I dropped my hire car off next door to the International Terminal and headed to check-in nice and early. Checking my bag to Glasgow was quick and I received my three boarding passes. I then headed through Immigration and Security (both queueless) to the Qantas Lounge. Breakfast offerings were varied and tasty so that vindicated by decision not to have breakfast in my serviced apartment before I left.

The flight was called in the Lounge and the gate was located across the concourse so I made my way via the Priority lane on voard without any wait. I had pre-chosen 24D in the middle block of the 2-4-2 configuration and, with a light load on board, was pleased to see that the two middle seats remained free. Legroom is good for a daytime flight, with sufficient recline for a snooze if required.

We pushed back on time and the Captain explained that, owing to a fault, the under carriage would retract rather later than normal so to expect the familiar noise some 2 or 3 minutes after we were airborne. This, indeed, happened and we were on our way.

The mature (well, very mature) cabin crew were fabulous with kids, I have to say – granmmy and grandad attendants gave the couple with six month old twins alot of help which was good. They prity much ignored the rest of us except when serving a tasty lunch of Asian chicken with rice or lamb and cous cous (which was very tasty). Mango ice cream and coffee followed and, a nice touch in economy, bottled water for all passengers. As oneworld emerald, I was not acknowledged but that was consistent with my recent experience with Qantas.

The tray table gave me plenty of room to get a good chunk done on my Macbook so that was a bonus compared to many Economy class experiences.

We landed some 30 minutes ahead of schedule and were in the terminal very quickly. The choice of lounges awaited and I chose the smaller and much quieter BA option over the large and refectory-like Qantas alternative.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls