Qantas A330-200 (International) Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

EugeneChan
    Participant

I recently flew Business Class between Auckland and Sydney on QF114, which was operated by an A330-200 aircraft.

Check-in was very efficient. There was a designated lounge area dedicated for Business Class passengers. An immigration officer was present in the check-in area to pre-clear Business Class passengers and there were lounge seats for us to fill out our departure cards etc.

The Qantas Lounge was nice – there was a large variety of breakfast and lunch food, as well as both complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Since I had just arrived from a 14 hour flight from Vancouver earlier that day, I was happy to be able to have a shower in the Lounge to refresh myself.

As expected, I was one of the first to board the aircraft. The Business Class cabin had a welcoming feel to it and ambience – the seats were arranged 2 x 2 x 2.

The seat was a Skybed seat which reclined almost horizontally, but I think there was a very slight angle to the seat. Apart from that, it was very comfortable particularly after I placed a below under my head to watch the TV in front. The seat was spacious with ample legroom not only for my legs to put some of the bags and coats. However, I had the window seat and it was slightly awkward having to go to the toilet because the passenger next to me was sleeping flat. I either had to wake him up and request him to sit upright or walk across his legs. I chose the latter and that was a bad choice because I underestimated the difficulty of it and sort of tripped over his ankle. Very embarrassing.

There was a pre-drinks service. My lunch meal was delicious and it was ready within 40 mins after taking-off. From memory, for entree, I had either beef or lamb carpaccio; for main, salmon, and I do not remember what I had for dessert. I was excited to learn that the cutlery, china and glassware were designed by some industrial designer or someone to that effect. There was a large selection of wines on offer.

Service was excellent. The cabin crew were attentive and ensured that all passengers were happy and satisfied.

We arrived about 15 minutes early into Sydney. There were quite a few other international flights that arrived at the same time but luckily, I received a priority immigration and custom card, which meant that I could go skip to the front of both the immigration and custom lines, probably saving 20 minutes in total. And as expected, my luggage was one of the first to come out.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the Qantas Business Class product and service. I will certainly travel with them again in the future. I also recently flew from Sydney to JFK via LAX with Qantas in Economy – that was also very good.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls