Qatar Airways Privilege Club – useless!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• BPP
    Participant

I very recently had an e-mail from QA Priviledge Club to say that they were restoring direct e-mail/telephone access which was withdrawn last year in favour of web access only for award seats – which has never (for me) ever worked.

Having got fed up with QA in general (frequent aircraft/schedule/seating changes) in favour of EVA and THAI, I thought I would take advantage of the new system to redeem some of my otherwise useless q-miles on a couple of BA eurotraveller seats LHR-BCN.

Using the new direct e-mail access and giving Q-miles great freedom on dates, I requested said flights.
    An e-mail by return offered a choice (of 6) of certain flights on specific days. Oh good says I (and Mrs quite pleased) so I submitted all the info required to secure the seats offered.

Guess what! Having offered these seats not 48hrs earlier the ‘confirmation’ e-mail by return says that ‘No award seats are available on these flights’- No explanation.
    What a shambolic organisation!

BPP

thebigseats
    Participant

You have my sympathy!
    Their FFP is a customer service disaster zone & nothing less. It has driven myself (along with many others I know of) away from them – for good – despite purchasing J/F tix & reaching Platinum in their FFP. Never, ever again.
    BAEC Gold feels so good now – & I thought I’d never ever say that!!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Sergio
    Participant

Do you mean QA or QR ( Qatar)?

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=932143]Do you mean QA or QR ( Qatar)?[/quote]

I guess “QA” stands for “Qatar Airways”.

BPP
    Participant

Should have used QR – sorry folks!
    BPP

esselle
    Participant

QA is the correct description for Qatar Airways. QR is the IATA code and thus the designation for their flight numbers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BPP

Polly
    Participant

We got out of QR years ago. Their cs dept is unbelievable. 3 days to reply to an email. Like dealing with 12 year olds.
    Get out quick, jump ship to the BAEC. It’s well run, and you can book QR flights easily on line there. Use your points if you can in duty free etc. Nightmare FFP.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls