Putting your foot in it!

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• FlyingMomentum
    Participant

I was on a London-Singapore flight a few days ago and I saw this. How will you react if you are the guy in front?

K1ngston
    Participant

I would ask very nicely for them to remove their foot the first time… the second time I would not be as polite

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I was once on a flight where a guy took his socks off and draped them over the armrest to dry off

Flightlevel
    Participant

Had the misfortune to be in a BA 747v2 seat 28B (28J similar) and pax in A behind (pun intended) took his socks off and rested his feet next to my seat.
    Gave a whole new meaning to Traveller plus!

capetonianm
    Participant

A couple of years ago I had a window seat on a KLM flight to CPT when on my armrest appeared the bare foot and leg of the man behind me. I turned round and (politely, because I like the Dutch) told him I’d prefer not to have his foot on my armrest.

His response, and not in an aggressive or unpleasant manner, was : “I am also entitled to be comfortable.” He removed his foot.

I told him he was certainly entitled to be comfortable in the space he’d paid for, but not in the space I’d paid for. The problem was that I was in a ‘comfort’ seat, for which I’d paid extra, and he was in the front row of the normal seats.

He eventually told me that ‘it wasn’t fair, and all seats on the aeroplane should be the same and everyone should pay the same fare.’ He carried on complaining about the seats being too small and I called an attendant for him to make his complaint, now in Dutch, which I understand, and her telling him that he also had the choice of paying for a better seat, which seemed to annoy him.

When I tried to chat to him, as he wasn’t going to give up, I asked him how he’d feel if he and his wife were out for dinner and had ordered an expensive fillet steak and a bottle of good wine, and my wife and I sat at the next table and ordered a salad and a bottle of water and decided to help ourselves to their meal and wine since it ‘wasn’t fair’ that they’d paid more for a better meal. Of course he told me that was ‘different’.

TominScotland
    Participant

I had the ‘encroaching foot’ issue on QR yesterday and, indeed, the offending projectile came forward half way along the arm-rest in Economy. I politely asked for its removal, it disappeared only to reappear an hour or so later. This time, I just shoved and got the desired response. If folk are down to their socks or bare feet on a flight and have recently been to the WC……… – it does not make for a pleasant thought!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=834911]I had the ‘encroaching foot’ issue on QR yesterday and, indeed, the offending projectile came forward half way along the arm-rest in Economy. I politely asked for its removal, it disappeared only to reappear an hour or so later. This time, I just shoved and got the desired response. If folk are down to their socks or bare feet on a flight and have recently been to the WC……… – it does not make for a pleasant thought!!
    [/quote]

Seriously, you assaulted a fellow passenger?

Whilst agreeing that the other passengers behaviour was not acceptable, sorting it out is what the crew are there for.

Depending on which route you were flying and who the other passenger was, this scenario could have realistically ended with you in police cells.

TominScotland
    Participant

Mmmmmmmmm

Assault? A natural, stretching push is hardly an assault, FDOS

esselle
    Participant

Yes, but look what happened to the guy in Dubai for touching somebody on the hip……

icenspice
    Participant

How would I react? Much like the very handsome guy in front…..completely oblivious!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls