Protesters breach Amsterdam airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Considering the hassles passengers have going from landside to airside, it appears worrying how easily around 100 protesters managed to climb over a fence at Schiphol and gain access to aircraft. More worrying was the time it took the military police to clear the protesters, who were dancing and playing musical instruments whilst blocking parked aircraft.

Not interested in discussing the reason for the protest, as part of this post, but this idiotic behaviour by people intent on disrupting the lives of people who simply need to travel, must be stopped, whether on London roads or more worryingly, airside at international airports.

https://news.sky.com/video/netherlands-climate-activists-block-private-jets-at-airport-12740193

8 users thanked author for this post.

Jeffrey
    Participant

These moronic criminal so called protesters need to be arrested and severely punished with long jail sentences.

7 users thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[postquote quote=1243437]

I only slightly disagree. The problem is they are often not bothered by being sent to jail, and with the woke jury’s we have they are more likely to be found not guilty, even though they are. Witness the tearing down of statues trials.

What I think would be more effective are civil claims for damages and costs, both by the authorities and the disrupted public against them. This is much easier to prove, always plenty of photographic evidence and will hit them where it really hurts, in their pockets, and eventually lead to possible seizure of assets or bankruptcy. Since they are usually “middle class” students, pensioners and others, most likely with real assets which would be in danger, I think they will think twice before causing future disruptions.

I’m only surprised no-one has gone down this route yet?

4 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1243590]

I think bringing back the stocks may provide an outlet for those inconvenienced by the eco-activists. 8 hours having rotten tomatoes and ice-cold water thrown at them might make them think again.

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls