Problem with Iberia – help wanted

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• philsquares
    Participant

Interesting read as I was in a very similar situation several months ago. IIRC, the flight was from ALC-LHR in Club. This was during the time that you had the option of canceling the flight due to covid related problems. My wife had tested positive and as a result, I was forced to quarantine and as a result, I was unable to make the trip.

Living in Spain, the most “reliable” number for IB was a premium 902 number. I tried several times to contact IB only to be dropped while on hold. Eventually, I sent an email to customer service explaining what I wanted to do and why. Needless to say, I never received a response. After the day the flight was scheduled, I contacted Amex and explained the problem and they raised a dispute and the 45-day clock started. Around day 40 a response was received and the “documentation” received was merely a screenshot of the reservation and nothing else.

I called customer service and spoke with a very helpful agent. She took the time to look at the document IB sent and realized it really said nothing. We discussed just what the situation was and she agreed the evidence IB sent really was worthless. Another complaint was raised and I never heard another word about it from AMEX. The ticket credit was reapplied and was never taken back at all.

I would certainly raise the issue again as you have nothing to lose.

rferguson
    Participant

How awful.

How can they say you are not entitled to a refund on the basis of a five-minute time change – when that five minutes brings your connection under the Minimum Connection Time? Thus, the time change was a number of hours, not minutes.

Were Iberia able to tell you what your case reference number was linked to if not a refund?

RoyC
    Participant

I always use AMEX for paying airline accounts and find them excellent for fighting claims on my behalf. Earlier this year when I made a complaint they immediately froze the payment, acted as arbiters, and eventually the airline agreed to a full refund.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls