Problem with a Rent a car company

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

I recently hired a car and want to make a formal complaint as I am not satisfied with the response I got direclty from the company. Does any know if there is a car hire regulator in The UK or an ombudsman type of service.

Thanks for your help.

ABowen1
    Participant

Regretably there is no Ombudsman or trade association to whom you can complain. I took a car hire company to the Small Claims division of the County Court and was very satisfied with the outcome.

kukuruza
    Blocked

My God, as this problem is familiar to me. In general you should address in the company checked up by your friends.

jenny86
    Participant

Your best option is the County Court. They may not provide you with the actions you want them to, but they can solve the problem for you in some way and make it better.

capetonianm
    Participant

The Small Claims Court will only be of use if you have suffered, and can quantify, a financial loss through their actions.

What is your complaint?

JeffD
    Participant

HI thanks but I posted this 2009, really cant remember now. I have had a few incidences with car hire over the years. Usually related to cars not being properly prepared or being charged for fuel on my return when I purchased a full tank in advance.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Problem with the small claims court is that it’s really only of use if you’re British and have some local knowledge. Anyone who is a non national/resident in any country where they rent will face the problem of having to take a lawyer, possibly appear in court etc. Usually it’s not worth it.

jamesrstevenson1
    Participant

RIP OFF – RENTALCARS FUEL POLICY
    After a recent experience I wish to alert potential clients to avoid this company. Whereas the webdetail is woefully vague (no doubt for their own legal cover) their Fuel policy is a scam. Customers should be able to expect “reasonable” pricing yet on arrival at a pick up location you are advised of a highly inflated fuel cost to purchase the full tank. By my calculation nearly double the cost per litre of the local pump price. As you are expected to redeliver empty there is a further loss as redelivery empty is a fine art. Beware the low perceived price – in total it exceeds more reputable company prices,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls