Proactive Qatar

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I have had two Economy journeys booked with Qatar on my behalf in recent days via Doha. In both cases, my BAEC number was not included and, as a result, no seat allocation was evident when I went to the booking online. I inputted my Gold Card number into the system and immediately my reservation showed up with front row, aisle seats in Economy confirmed. I could not have chosen better Economy seats myself on any of the 8 sectors. I am very impressed!!

TominScotland
    Participant

What is also very interesting about both these bookings is the number of minor schedule changes of which I have been notified since the bookings were made – 30 mins here, 20 mins there – affecting both schedules. None of them make a material difference but are indicative, I would think, of an airline struggling to cope with the current issues it is facing over airspace access.

capetonianm
    Participant

Although it may seem trivial, an airline is obliged to notify even minor schedule change (although I wouldn’t rate 20 or 30 minutes as ‘minor’) because it can impact check in deadlines if the departure is earlier, and MCTs on arrival if the arrival is later.

A few years ago I won a case against Opodo, who in failing to pass on to me a schedule change queued to them by an airline made me miss a connection as it went below the MCT. The airline refused to accept responsibility since they had notified the agency, something which the agency denied. I was able to get the full PNR history from the airline showing that they had queued the change to the agency, and that the agency had retrieved and not actioned the change.

This is one of the reasons why I very rarely book through OLTAs, particularly Opodo whom I have found to be deficient in other ways.

For what it might be worth, Expedia are possibly amongst the best.

UKFly79
    Participant

My QR experience earlier in the year wasn’t quite so proactive.

Flying to BKK in F and there was a schedule change and not a peep out of them. Ok, it was one of their long layovers and didn’t really affect me anyway, however I might have expected some notification from them other than their reliance that I checked their app and noticed my schedule timing change when I compared it to my originally printed eticket. I booked direct with QR.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls