Priority Pass restaurant partnerships.

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Has anyone else tried this? I LOVE it.

Priority Pass is rolling out a system where in some airports they are forming partnerships with restaurants or cafes in the terminal instead of or in addition to established airport lounge facilities. I just tried in out in the Sydney Domestic Terminal (T3). I was flying on a QF domestic flight and whilst having access to the QF domestic lounges (which I did use) I thought i’d try the PP restaurant system too (might as well get some value from that £450 Amex fee).

What a great system! The Qantas domestic terminal has two restaurants that participate and basically you use your PP like a credit card up to the value of $AU36. You are also entitled to ‘guest’ someone as you would in a lounge so can increase the value to $AU72. From my POV SUCH a better system than having access to some crappy contract lounge with stale sandwiches and crisps. With most airport terminals now offering free WiFi and it no longer being one of the enticements of a lounge i’d chose this system over the traditional airport contract lounge system any day.

If you do have a PP I encourage you to see if any of the destinations you travel to has a restaurant partnership and give it a go.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Never come across this. yet. I have to agree some lounges are awful and not deserving of the oft used phrase, a haven of tranquility and peace. Airport restaurants are upping their game and you can often eat both inexpensively and surprisingly well.

With many airports having free WiFi this is an added bonus, though I just wish the connection was automatic and you don’t have to go through some lengthy registration process to be able to login. Not at all convenient if you’re in a hurry and need to check something.

K1ngston
    Participant

A quick related question, I used to have PP when I had my Amex card but due to extortionate fees in SG ($1900) I ditched it when I started my company, can you join PP without being given membership through the Amex card??

Always good to have an alternative when travelling to some of the delightful destinations and colourful airlines I am using …

Thanks

K1ngston
    Participant

Thank you PhilipHart much appreciated

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=852960] @K1ngston Yep. https://www.prioritypass.com/en/join[/quote]

I re-joined PP last year using a special offer through BT, which included 10 visits to lounges for 12 months, which cost less than the £150 cost I would otherwise have had to pay for the visits; in other words, the membership cost nothing.

Does anyone [at BT] know if this offer is being repeated this year?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=852906]A quick related question, I used to have PP when I had my Amex card but due to extortionate fees in SG ($1900) I ditched it when I started my company, can you join PP without being given membership through the Amex card??
    Always good to have an alternative when travelling to some of the delightful destinations and colourful airlines I am using …
    Thanks[/quote]

You might wish to look at Dragonpass, too

https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/

Groupon also has a set of deals for PP

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/priority-pass-airport-lounge-membership

JamieHalling1
    Keymaster

Discounts of up to 20% off Priority Pass membership plans are still available to subscribers of Business Traveller UK, Asia Pacific and India through Business Traveller Plus. There are three membership plans to suit your particular travel needs. http://www.businesstraveller.com/bt-plus

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=870856]Latest news from PP

Priority Pass continues growth with over 1,200 facilities worldwide

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” src=”https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2018/06/17/priority-pass-continues-growth-with-over-1200-facilities-worldwide/embed/#?secret=q00CUNr9aX&#8221; data-secret=”q00CUNr9aX” width=”500″ height=”498″ title=”“Priority Pass continues growth with over 1,200 facilities worldwide” — Business Traveller” frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>[/quote]

It is becoming increasingly difficult to get in to lounges, in UK and Continental EU, using Priority Pass as lounges give priority to their own direct customers and the customers of airline partners.

Not sure that having more lounges you cannot get in to is a good thing. Priority Pass should be concentrating on discussions with existing lounges to make sure that Priority Pass customers get a priority pass in to the lounge. If I did not get Priority Pass card as a spin off from Amex Platinum I would not pay for Priority Pass membership.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=870860]It is becoming increasingly difficult to get in to lounges, in UK and Continental EU, using Priority Pass as lounges give priority to their own direct customers and the customers of airline partners.[/quote]

… and those members/passengers wishing to pay a “reservation” fee in addition to their membership fee.

handbag
    Participant

FaroFlyer

I have tried numerous times to get in and had no luck. The passes have always come freee with CC.

I have been tempted to get a PP. Am I much more likely to get in if I get it direct. What are others experiences.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

@handbag

I don’t think getting PP direct, as opposed to having it via Amex Platinum will make any difference.
    As far as I can tell, the PP card I have (issued via having Amex Plat) is sent direct by PP and is identical to a card I’d get if I signed up directly with PP.
    I also suspect when presenting it at, for example, the No 1 lounge at LGW S (worst offender for advising they are full, IMHO) they would have no way of knowing how you came by the card as I’m pretty sure they don’t swipe it before announcing they are full / come back in an hour / did you reserve in advance (which attracts a further payment).

handbag
    Participant

[quote quote=870907] @handbag

I don’t think getting PP direct, as opposed to having it via Amex Platinum will make any difference.

As far as I can tell, the PP card I have (issued via having Amex Plat) is sent direct by PP and is identical to a card I’d get if I signed up directly with PP.

I also suspect when presenting it at, for example, the No 1 lounge at LGW S (worst offender for advising they are full, IMHO) they would have no way of knowing how you came by the card as I’m pretty sure they don’t swipe it before announcing they are full / come back in an hour / did you reserve in advance (which attracts a further payment).[/quote]

Thanks for that. It would therefore be a waste of money for me, as I have had so little luck in actually getting into a lounge at LGW.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls