Priority Pass lounge at T4 is superb!

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• SCF
    Participant

We flew on cheap Air Malta economy from London to Malta and were offered an upgrade to biz for £125 each which would give us access to their partner lounge (Etihad?). The lady said you could have champagne??? At 6am? So we declined the offer and headed straight for the Priority Pass lounge, which turned out to be the Sky Team lounge. WOW! What an impressive set up! We had the most divine breakfast! Great atmosphere and wide spaces for comfort and views of the runway. The magazines on offer put BA to shame. We kept wondering why Sky Team would do that? I know PP is not exactly free or cheap but to allow PP members to use Sky’s premium lounge? I love their policy!!! Bring it on!

AlanOrton1
    Participant

It is interesting SkyTeam would open up this lounge to PP. Welcome news though for PP card holders using T4, as it is, as you say, a good lounge.

More often than not of late major carriers have started to shun PP. I remember not so long ago PP could access US Airways & United Clubs in the US, but no longer. As a result their coverage in the US is pretty patchy. Hopefully having signed up SkyTeam at LHR T4 is sign of an effort to avail themselves of more and better lounges.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

This year I purchased an unlimited Priority Pass membership. The LHR lounge options are excellent – including the Sofitel at T5 as an arrival’s lounge.

The quality of lounges varies. In MUH, the options are basic but in ZRH you have access to the Swiss lounges complete with eye roll from the lounge attendant and in CDG there is access to the Star Alliance lounge.

The focus for PP it would appear is to ensure members have options at each airport they operate into. That includes terminals. So whereas the Aspire Lounge at LHR T5 is very basic and the No 1 Lounge at T3 not much better – at T4 where none of these Pay Per Use lounges exist, they’re forced to link up with a major alliance like Sky Team to maintain presence.

For Sky Team it works because it encourages / sways potentially PP holders towards their member airlines ex LHR who want a nice lounge experience and brings in some extra revenue. For PP it works because they are seen to cover all terminals at LHR including T4 amnd keeps their members happy – especially given the recent departure of United from the list.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls