Priority Pass

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• DanielRawson
    Participant

Is it just me who is unlucky or is PriortyPass getting more difficult to use in the UK airports. Manchester Airport is pretty much impossible and Leeds is hit and miss. The staff also seem to gain pleasure in turning people away. I get mine as benefit from AMEX but it’s becoming as much use as my monthly Addison Lee credit.

MS
    Participant

I’ve been turned away from No. 1 Lounge in Gatwick because of ‘capacity’ but I had a peek and there were many empty seats. Lounges, just like flying are no longer for the rich, so this is what happens and will only get worse.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

There are a couple of reasons why passengers are turned away at Priory Pass lounges at major UK airports.

1. PP want to maximise revenue by ‘encouraging’ passengers to reserve space/entry for a fee…

2. PP sell their lounge space to 3rd party companies and airlines who insist space is available for their guests. So whilst the lounge may appear empty, the PP will say “we expect it to fill up very shortly” (simply because they sell the space, therefore limiting access to their members)..

3 users thanked author for this post.

MS
    Participant

I don’t think it’s PP themselves who wants passengers to reserve space/entry for a fee but rather it’s the lounges themselves – i.e. No.1 Lounge.

It’s the same for point 2….it’s the lounges that will say ‘we expect it to fill up very shortly’.

Priority Pass has no control over lounges or entry control – it’s the lounges.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Polly
    Participant

But at STN, they won’t even allow you to reserve a place for a fiver. We watched and wished we had recorded their shenanigans there. After telling us no space, they let full paying pax in! They knew we had seen this, then let us in. Caught them in the act, virtually. Trying for entry tomorrow again en route to Bergerac.
    What redress do we have. Buy food and submit a receipt??

capetonianm
    Participant

I was on the verge of buying a Priority Pass membership a few weeks ago (at the discounted BT rate) and decided it was more cost effective to pay for lounge access on an ad hoc basis as and if needed, and similarly I considered upgrading my Revolut card to ‘metal’ but decided that the access benefits weren’t cost effective.
    In fairness, I probably travel less than most of you, and try to avoid being at airports longer than necessary.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

In general, I’ve had very few issues with Priority Pass.
    The last time we used it (as a family of 4) was at LHR T5 last month. I thought we may not get in as it is the only non BA lounge in the terminal, but no issues.
    The only airport we’ve been refused due to capacity is the No.1 lounge at LGW S.
    I think it is more a lounge operator issue than a PP one.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=958317]I was on the verge of buying a Priority Pass membership a few weeks ago (at the discounted BT rate) and decided it was more cost effective to pay for lounge access on an ad hoc basis as and if needed, and similarly I considered upgrading my Revolut card to ‘metal’ but decided that the access benefits weren’t cost effective.

In fairness, I probably travel less than most of you, and try to avoid being at airports longer than necessary.[/quote]

PP: I never found it efficient enough. When I have no access, either I pay or I go to a bar if any decent is available around.

Revolut Metal: The lounge thing is just telling you what lounge is around, but not for free (excepted for one time). That said, the Metal remains a good deal since there is a cash back with it. Outside of Europe (for Europeans), it is 1%. So it is cost effective actually.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I considered the Revolut Metal for the cashback but my only significant spend outside Europe is in ZA Rand and I have banking facilities there anyway. If it weren’t for that, I would have gone for Metal.

KennyK14
    Participant

I buy the annual unlimited PP, and I have only ever been turned away at LGW S, due to capacity. Then I went across to the Grain Store, where I had a good breakfast, discounted by (I think) £15 with PP.
    However, it would have helpful if the lounge at LGW had put a sign up stating that they were not accepting PP cardholders without reservations.
    I find it good value, given that I no longer have status with the major airlines, and find myself travelling at lot on Ryanair, Easyjet and Jet2, who fly to convenient locations for me from EDI.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls