Priority Pass

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• No Name
    Participant

Has anyone else had trouble receiving their Priority Pass card recently.

I paid the £259 membership in September and still haven’t received the card. I’ve rang several times and have been told differing reasons, but it should be there by X date. To no avail it hasn’t turned up. The payment went on 21 September. The website states you should receive the card in three to five days after payment. The second time I rang in early October I was told it was because the payment had only just been taken. I checked my bank statement. This was not true. I rang again yesterday, I was informed it was because it was a ‘manual’ payment from a credit card. Having worked in Financial services, I realised straight away this was also a lie. Is anyone else experiencing poor customer services from Priority Pass? (and before anyone say, load it onto my mobile, I just want the card and not to have to rely on a print-out for £259)

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I haven’t, but mine doesn’t run out until February 2018.
    The new cards arrive on time (or have for me) but then with it being a yearly thing I suppose they are ordered in advance, aassuming I will renew (or continue to Amex Platinum membership, which is how I reeceive them). Perhaps it takes them longer to order new ones?
    Tom

No Name
    Participant

Thanks for responding Tom. Pleased to hear you haven’t encountered the same.

They said it would arrive today. Nothing in this morning’s post. But then they said it would be arriving on the 26 September and on Monday 9 October. I find this an appalling service. If there is a delay in producing new cards, then why don’t they just say so? Why make pseudo-dates up? I get to the door each promised morning, (with my tail wagging) only to find no delivery!!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It is disappointing when that happens.

My Easyjet Plus card was the same – and then three arrived at once (all with the same details on, so I couldn’t sell the other two). But at least I have enough fo them for every single wheel-on bag I own.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

My Priority Pass renewed card came fairly quickly. My issue with PP is that they renew without seeking your express permission first and if you try to cancel – even during the last month of validity – they make it difficult. They rely on the automatic renewal provisions within the T&Cs which are pretty rough.

I didn’t think I’d want to renew but then last week I was in Beirut and the allocated smoke filled airline lounge was truly appalling. Used my PP to use the new MEA Cedar lounge and avoided 2 hours of passive smoking. Win!

It’s also useful in Singapore when in economy on SQ with only access to the Krisflyer Gold holding pen with no showers. The PP accessed SATS lounge in T3 is very decent.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=831638]I didn’t think I’d want to renew but then last week I was in Beirut and the allocated smoke filled airline lounge was truly appalling. Used my PP to use the new MEA Cedar lounge and avoided 2 hours of passive smoking. Win![/quote]

They should use that in their advertising.

“PP saved my life.”

stevescoots
    Participant

I am having a row with PP now,

I have an account i was paying annually for, then received another with Amex. I called them to cancel my personal one which they agreed so I cut up the card and binned it. 2 months ago, received my card statement and they had renewed the old one. tried calling them to cancel and all i get asked for is the account number, which i do not have. giving them my name and address they come up with the Amex released one, gave them my old address and they do not have it on file. Round and round, we go, in the mean-time no sign of a refund (or the card its self) or even a receipt, which i cannot get without the card number!

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=831640]

I didn’t think I’d want to renew but then last week I was in Beirut and the allocated smoke filled airline lounge was truly appalling. Used my PP to use the new MEA Cedar lounge and avoided 2 hours of passive smoking. Win!

They should use that in their advertising.
    “PP saved my life.”
    [/quote]

Tom, I like your thinking!

Many people don’t realise how life threatening, and indeed trauma inducing, substandard airport lounges can be. Once, I nearly choked on a kalamata olive that hadn’t been correctly marinated.

BTW really like the new website format.

No Name
    Participant

stevescoots You can phone your bank and they will refund. They aren’t legally allowed to keep card details without your permission. You’ve withdrawn your permission so they shouldn’t have kept the details on their system. Nor did you authorise payment. Call your bank and explain. They will tell you the procedure. But they should refund.

No Name
    Participant

Rang again today. Two days after my card should have arrived. I’m now informed there was nothing they could do and I would have to pay extra (£15) for a courier to deliver my membership card! What a crock!

No Name
    Participant

I’ve asked for the address of the registered office to send a letter of complaint, which they refused to give. There is no company number or registered office address on the letterhead as required by law. So now having searched the company’s house, I’m beginning to get a little apprehensive over my membership and cost of £259. Whilst a profit of only £6m was made last year (from a £190 m turnover), there are also a number of liquidated companies of a similar name.

Does anyone else have experience with priority pass not recently delivering services?

crookieLondon
    Participant

Kathy. If you have the PP app on your smartphone you can access your digital membership card and show that when required. Hope this helps.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

I agree about using the digital card. I haven’t taken my plastic card out of my travel wallet for several months now as all lounges I’ve used have accepted the digital card. The Priority Pass app is available for both iOS and Android.

LadyLlondon
    Participant

I had same thing on my first joining. I think it might depend which of the 3 centres they use, is responsible for getting your card sent out? I think I dealt with a US center the first time, that card too over 3 weeks to arrive when I was told 3-5 days. After one week waiting and soon to fly I phoned and landed with a call center from another country, not sure if it was South Africa but defnitely not US. That card arrived in 3 days followed by the original card much later. You could maybe call at a time of day when the US will not be open? and possibly land another call center.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Kathy – why does the absence of a plastic card get to you so much. Your payment provides access to many Priority Pass lounges around the world and as a by product, you get a free plastic membership card (which actually is not even needed due to the digital version).

If you search Priority Pass history on the Forum, you will find plenty of bad reports about their Customer Service (or rather lack of it) – that’s a gimme; but it should not stop you enjoying the lounges when they are needed.. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls