Priority Club takes on HHonours

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

http://www.priorityclub.com/luckiestloser

Priority club are giving away 1000 points if you tell then how many HH points you have. The individual with the most verified HH points will win 2million priority club points.
    Sadly will not be me but the extra 1000 PC points will come in handy.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s a great promo, thanks for posting Binman62.

I am in with a chance, and have submitted a screenshot of my HHonors balance online, which was quite easy to do.

It ends on Sunday, so don’t dilly dally!

LindsayW
    Participant

Yes, I entered and sent in a screen shot of my HH account and got confirmatory email acknowledging receipt.

I got an email from PC Rewards on 2 April. Checked my PC account and sure enough:

29 Mar 2010 HHONORS LUCKIEST LOSER CONTEST 20000 pts.

I had 148K points in Hilton. I have heard that the lowest HH balance awarded PC points was ~65K (thus ~13K PC points).

LindsayW
    Participant

InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) gave business traveler Charles Rosenay 2 million points – the grand prize in its “Luckiest Loser” contest that targeted unhappy Hilton HHonors elite members.
    url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/hotelcheckin/post/2010/04/intercontinental-hotels-group-names-winner-in-contest-aimed-at-rival-hilton/1?loc=interstitialskip

Rosenay of Orange, Conn., is an entertainer and Beatles tour promoter who often travels to Liverpool who had accured a Hilton HHonors balance of nearly 5 million points – the most of about 70,000 people who entered IHG’s “Luckiest Loser” contest. For the grand prize, IHG loyalty program dumped 2 million points into Rosenay’s Priority Club account – enough for about 80 free hotel nights.

Another IHG article about the competition: url=http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?PageID=57&newsid=2449&rssfeed=ihgplc

Three interesting points:

* There were 114 other “HHonors millionaires” in the competition (I wonder how many more who didn’t even know about it)

*Beyond the grand prize, Priority Club also awarded nearly 400 million points to another 20,000 “Lucky Losers” (so the majority of people received the 20K maximum)

* The loyalty program recently asked the members of its online public community what they would do if they won the grand prize. While most said they would take a “dream vacation,” a large percentage indicated they would prefer to redeem the two million points on electronics from the Priority Club Rewards Catalog, such as HDTVs, home theater and music systems, GPS devices, flip cams, and laptops.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Got a nice 20k Priority Club Points for this offer, many thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls