Priority club new reward tiers

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

GarethForster1
    Participant

Having reviewed the new reward point requirements on priorityclub awhich have been changed today in some cases quite significantly, i cant really uunderstand the logic, while some key hotels such as Intercontinental park lane and Crowne Plaza Hong Kong remain unchanged other hotels have increased dramaticaly for example Holiday Inn express LHR Terminal 5 was 10,000 points but as is 25,000 points, this is a 75 % increase!!!, totally unacceptable. same for loads of other hotels Ive come to the conclusion that directing my business towards IHG is not worth the effort anymore, while im platinum this year im soon goinna be back down to club next as im goinna direct my business back to Hilton who seem to treat their top tier guests much better , refer to my other post on platinum benefits Bwar in mind if your redeeming points, IHG are still honouring the original point requirements until March if you phone Priority club customer service.

GarethForster1
    Participant

Has anyone else experienced a much higher number of points required for the hotels that you want to redeem points for?

prosborn
    Participant

If this is a general trend, it devalues the already low value of PC (except its higher echelons).

In one perverse sense, IHG here are finally trying to emulate the Hilton Chain, but do so in a negative sense of aping the disastrous (for hotels and evaporating guests) inflation seen in HiltonHHonors a couple of years ago.
    Oh, would that IHG could emulate the much, much higher level of service to FQTVs. (I wonder if the stalkers at PC-HQ in limited anglophone Manila can follow this subjunctive-imperative? — Gimme 20,000 bonus points if you can, lads!)

One hopes the special value of PC rewards – the 5,000 point deals for selected properties, including some decent CPs – will be retained.
    A night at a well-located Staybridge, for 5000 points for what essentially is a full suite with full meals and some (iffy) drinks, is damn good value. Especially when you earn the 5000 points as a bonus for a one night stay at another property.
    Mustn’t complain all the time!

– Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls